Thorin

So I saw this recently:

To which I say, not if you want this:

edit: fixed images
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

The thing is you can go from punching wood to blinging yourself out with a diamond-block castle at your own pace, be it a month or a few years.

It's not like some MMOs that demand your time because you pay a subscriber fee (or, alternatively, cease to exist after a few years!)

Of course there's that whole self-control angle which is tough to master hahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

So is that your inventory screen?

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That's...  one of my double chests on Usamot.  Another double chest is almost completely full of redstone (all but the last four squares).  I also have three chests of cobble and dirt, I just can't throw anything away :(

Last night I hit a diamond vein with nine diamonds, then a couple blocks over was a diamond vein with seven.  I wonder if I was at the age of two chunks, or something :|
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

My entire mine has maybe seen one stack of diamonds. Maybe. I currently have about 30-40 stocked up. And if you've ever come down to check it out, each level is actually two levels (looks like three, but each of the paths shares with the level above) you'd see I've been mining quite a while :o I don't know how I always manage to not find that much diamond.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Well, I _have_ been hoarding for a while now.  Exhibit A: a large chest and a half worth of dirt.  Because really, you never know when you want dirt, right?  And it's _so hard to find dirt_.

Oh, I'm forgetting about the abandoned chests I have scattered in mines, with cobble and dirt in them as well...  That's one thing I need to do - consolidate things.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 23, 2012, 04:24:48 PM
Well, I _have_ been hoarding for a while now.  Exhibit A: a large chest and a half worth of dirt.  Because really, you never know when you want dirt, right?  And it's _so hard to find dirt_.

Oh, I'm forgetting about the abandoned chests I have scattered in mines, with cobble and dirt in them as well...  That's one thing I need to do - consolidate things.

just looking at the Overviewer map, your mines are up there in size with almost all the long time players... My mines look tiny.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Heh, well I had a crap load of cobble and dirt and redstone, then lost it all >:(

Quote from: Lazybones on April 23, 2012, 04:35:01 PM

just looking at the Overviewer map, your mines are up there in size with almost all the long time players... My mines look tiny.
He's probably played more than me on this map.

Thorin

Uh, yeah, well, it is my _only_ server I play on...  And I've had the occasional four or five hour mining expedition.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 23, 2012, 09:53:21 PM
Uh, yeah, well, it is my _only_ server I play on...  And I've had the occasional four or five hour mining expedition.
It's the only server I play on as well. And I rarely do any single player. Though I don't think I've spent 5 hours in one stretch mining :-x mind numbing...

Mr. Analog

I thought I was a miner/hoarder lol

Remember what I said about time boxing lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 23, 2012, 01:04:44 PM
The thing is you can go from punching wood to blinging yourself out with a diamond-block castle at your own pace, be it a month or a few years.

It's not like some MMOs that demand your time because you pay a subscriber fee (or, alternatively, cease to exist after a few years!)

Okay, first off, I somehow missed this post.  Yeah, there isn't a demand due to monthly fees.  Also, self-con-wut? :)

I got attacked by spiders too many times and am now encasing my railroad (C + D lines?) in fencing.  This will take a bit!  Over ten thousand fence pieces, I think.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 24, 2012, 09:54:16 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 23, 2012, 01:04:44 PM

Okay, first off, I somehow missed this post.  Yeah, there isn't a demand due to monthly fees.  Also, self-con-wut? :)

I got attacked by spiders too many times and am now encasing my railroad (C + D lines?) in fencing.  This will take a bit!  Over ten thousand fence pieces, I think.
156 stacks. WAT?

Thorin

Well, the track is about seven hundred blocks.  I have a fence three blocks high on either side, so that's 700 blocks x 3 blocks x 2 fences = 4,200 fences.  Then I'm filling in in-between the fences on the third block.  My track is 5 blocks wide, so that's 700 blocks x 5 blocks = 3,500 fences.  Total, 7,700 fences.  Hmm, not quite as many as I thought, though with the rises and dips there's some extras required to fill gaps.  So let's round it to 8,000 fences, or 125 stacks.  Yeah.  Keep in mind my fences are already up so I'm really only looking at 3,500 fences, or 55 stacks.  And I've done the first two hundred or so blocks, so I'm down to 2,500 more, or 39 more stacks.

8,000 fences x 6 sticks per 2 fences = 24,000 sticks
24,000 sticks / 4 sticks per 2 wood planks = 12,000 wood planks
12,000 wood planks / 4 wood planks per wood block = 3,000 wood blocks

3,000 wood blocks = 47 stacks of wood, or three quarters of a large chest.

Now you know why I have that tree farm near my hotel :)

Again, keep in mind that I've got 2,500 of 8,000 left to go, so I'm 58.75% done already.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Assuming you have been only logging in from the same client you should hit esc and look at the stats.... it has hours and blocks and other scarey things it tracks

Thorin

I moved the location of my Minecraft install a couple of weeks after starting, just to tidy it up.

Still, my online time has switched to counting in days: 1.51 days, or 36 hours and 14 minutes.  Hmm, I wonder when I last moved my installation around, the block numbers don't add up at all.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

When I have a chance, I'll get my script to start tracking times and stuff, like deaths and death types.. and maybe the cheating going on >:)

Melbosa

OK OK I've done the day time thing when I was the only one on (and a couple times when Thorin was there :P)... it just saves me from having to run to the bed.  But Mr. A and I had a tiny Op war the other day (well discussion) and really haven't done it since.  The bed isn't that far away :P
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Well I have been working from home today and left it idle in the background... hoping for my spawn trap to work... boooo

I still would love to see the stats hehehe

Tom

Note that I really don't have anything against "cheating". Make your own fun. I do find the "See through" hacks make the game less fun for me, so I tend to not bother with them. It's much more fun when you find something. I do occasionally switch modes into creative to play with stuff, but I don't stay in it.