Mr. Bones Unethical Iron Co.

Started by Lazybones, April 30, 2012, 09:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Bones (AKA Bag0Bones) would like to offer his services for those in need of iron.

Do you have a large rail project? Maybe you simply need some new armor... Mr. Bones is happy to help you fulfill your iron needs.

Please reply to this advertisement below with your order, and offer of trade.

*Mr. Bones does not wish to answer questions about the origin of the iron or the working conditions within his factory... He also advices everyone to stay away from his manufacturing facility as it is prone to sudden surges of zombies. Please note that Mr. Bones facility is not self serve and production yields are not yet meeting expectations and that supplies are limited to what is currently stored on hand.

Lazybones

Update:

I am please to report that damages incurred during our facility upgrade months ago have been repaired and iron production has resumed. Also due to factory redesign we no longer appear to have zombie problems.

If you are in need of iron for community building projects please send me a note.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Excellent.  Time to start storing the iron as blocks :)

Also, I have done so damn much mining I have more iron than that, but it took me a hella long time!

So, how would we have it make more iron if you're not around, would we just need to be close to the iron farm?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Ya, with hoppers you no longer have to stand in the output, just close enough to activate it.

However it is inconveniently located but for good reason, it won't work if the area that defines the village changes too much. This is why it is isolated.

Been idling in there but seem to be kicked offline with some frequency so production is low.

Mr. Analog

I love hoppers, such a great addition to the game

Now if they only had automatic crafting benches ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 13, 2013, 09:43:55 AM
I love hoppers, such a great addition to the game

Now if they only had automatic crafting benches ;)

To go with hoppers we need tubes/pipes. You can move items horizontally and down with hopper chains, and up with droppers, but it is really in efficient.

Thorin

Up with droppers?  How would that work?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 13, 2013, 11:09:17 AM
Up with droppers?  How would that work?

I would have to go back to the video but I believe they can pull from an inventory below them, so they can be used to raise items one level and spit them out... Attached to a clock they can shift things up.

Google "mincraft items up dropper"

Thorin

Yeah, I looked it up.  A dropper can spit things upwards.  If there's a dropper on top of the dropper spitting things upwards, the things go into the dropper that's sitting on top.  Works pretty neat.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Hmm this is near zero effort production but it would be much faster if I didn't get disconnected so often.. Need to figure out why my sessions keep ending...

Kinda random, sometimes I will leave it for hours and have 5 or more stacks of iron, other times maybe two before I get kicked off.

Might need to design a new base around on one of these so it is easier to keep the chunks loaded while near other players doing stuff.

Lazybones

Ran all day today after updating optifine and forge.... might have been a bug in one of them.. Also removed Journey map.

Tom

Thorin

So...  Are you planning to build something out of iron blocks, then?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 16, 2013, 11:45:39 PM
So...  Are you planning to build something out of iron blocks, then?

Well ill see how much gets produced not that both the farm has been fixed and I can stay logged in longer...

Some thoughts I had:

1. A giant bender statue
2. A golem terracotta army setup
3. A giant iron block red-stone doors on an iron safe.
4. golem guards everywhere

Thorin

Any idea how many ingots you're getting per hour?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
Any idea how many ingots you're getting per hour?

I haven't timed it out since everything has been fixed... Golem spawn and iron / rose drops are randomized and fairly far apart.

Lazybones

I did a VERY small sample for 10min right after a golem droped
A golem was processed at
M:S
1:20
7:50
9:30
Produced
12 iron and 2 roses.

A larger sample is needed since the gaps between golems can be high and they can have lower drops. However getting a stack of bars an hour is still probably realistic.

Lazybones

New sample over 4hrs
175 iron = 43.75/hr
48 Roses = 12 /hr

Thorin

Is there a way to increase the production?  Can you add villagers or put two of these side-by-side or something?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2013, 11:46:48 PM
Is there a way to increase the production?  Can you add villagers or put two of these side-by-side or something?

Yes, but it is impractical, unless you wanted to make a community project out of it...

Each farm / spawn pad has to be 128 blocks away from each other, each one is rather large. You also then need to get villagers into them.  My current build for a single one is fairly optimized... Also once you toss two villagers in they start breading due to the high number of doors.

Tom

I thought you'd get more golems if you had more villagers.

Lazybones

Sorry yes, you need 29 villagers per golem spawned... However the dimensions of the spawn area and what villagers consider houses limits how you can achieve this naturally. At a minimum you must have "21 houses" for the first golem to spawn.

I will have to double check it may be possible to stack more floors on my current design with more doors.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Iron_Golem#Spawning

Tom

I think to be considered a house, there has to be sky above one side of the door? I can't remember for sure.. but its an annoying rule :D

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 18, 2013, 01:07:46 AM
I think to be considered a house, there has to be sky above one side of the door? I can't remember for sure.. but its an annoying rule :D

That is why I linked it and that is part of the design I am using... However after watching another video I could probably optimize my current build with a few more doors.