Mr. Bones Unethical Iron Co.

Started by Lazybones, April 30, 2012, 09:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 16, 2013, 11:45:39 PM
So...  Are you planning to build something out of iron blocks, then?

Well ill see how much gets produced not that both the farm has been fixed and I can stay logged in longer...

Some thoughts I had:

1. A giant bender statue
2. A golem terracotta army setup
3. A giant iron block red-stone doors on an iron safe.
4. golem guards everywhere

Thorin

Any idea how many ingots you're getting per hour?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2013, 01:39:06 PM
Any idea how many ingots you're getting per hour?

I haven't timed it out since everything has been fixed... Golem spawn and iron / rose drops are randomized and fairly far apart.

Lazybones

I did a VERY small sample for 10min right after a golem droped
A golem was processed at
M:S
1:20
7:50
9:30
Produced
12 iron and 2 roses.

A larger sample is needed since the gaps between golems can be high and they can have lower drops. However getting a stack of bars an hour is still probably realistic.

Lazybones

New sample over 4hrs
175 iron = 43.75/hr
48 Roses = 12 /hr

Thorin

Is there a way to increase the production?  Can you add villagers or put two of these side-by-side or something?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2013, 11:46:48 PM
Is there a way to increase the production?  Can you add villagers or put two of these side-by-side or something?

Yes, but it is impractical, unless you wanted to make a community project out of it...

Each farm / spawn pad has to be 128 blocks away from each other, each one is rather large. You also then need to get villagers into them.  My current build for a single one is fairly optimized... Also once you toss two villagers in they start breading due to the high number of doors.

Tom

I thought you'd get more golems if you had more villagers.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Sorry yes, you need 29 villagers per golem spawned... However the dimensions of the spawn area and what villagers consider houses limits how you can achieve this naturally. At a minimum you must have "21 houses" for the first golem to spawn.

I will have to double check it may be possible to stack more floors on my current design with more doors.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Iron_Golem#Spawning

Tom

I think to be considered a house, there has to be sky above one side of the door? I can't remember for sure.. but its an annoying rule :D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 18, 2013, 01:07:46 AM
I think to be considered a house, there has to be sky above one side of the door? I can't remember for sure.. but its an annoying rule :D

That is why I linked it and that is part of the design I am using... However after watching another video I could probably optimize my current build with a few more doors.