"caffeine: pure awesome!"

Started by Darren Dirt, May 03, 2012, 01:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

coffee beans, a day in the life (pretty much)

aka

"why caffeine's actually pretty cool, not some evil drug -- and makes the world go round"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg

(personally, I hate the taste of coffee so I'm now a tea drinker  -- warm/hot water + tea bag + 1-2 teaspoons* of sugar = cheapest-possible-caffeine-high-ever)

* as opposed to EIGHT in the average 355ml can of cola: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZ2ZqBYlrI or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10EyGwd57M

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Since I disconnected my fear of coffee from panic attacks I love it.

I use a lot less sugar too, of course getting the proportions right is key.

Also, we need to destroy the coffee machine at work, I don't know what's wrong with it but everything it brews tastes like doodoo
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 03, 2012, 01:31:09 PM
Also, we need to destroy the coffee machine at work, I don't know what's wrong with it but everything it brews tastes like doodoo

Done in a Braveheart follower's voice: "Keurig.      Keurig.      Keurig.     Keurig."
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on May 03, 2012, 01:32:36 PM

Done in a Braveheart follower's voice: "Keurig.      Keurig.      Keurig.     Keurig."

PFFT real men make coffee with a saucepan lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

That's the prob with coffee addicts -- you are always risking experiencing a gross "burnt" taste, whether by poor cleaning practices or poor quality beans ; but with tea there's no real cleaning to do, especially if instead of a "pot" you just brew it right in a plastic bottle that you're tossing into recycle after a dozen or so uses.

So ummm... enough anecdotal crap, anyone watch the OP video, it's actually pretty interesting/informative. Considering the subject matter.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 03, 2012, 03:10:44 PM

That's the prob with coffee addicts -- you are always risking experiencing a gross "burnt" taste, whether by poor cleaning practices or poor quality beans ; but with tea there's no real cleaning to do, especially if instead of a "pot" you just brew it right in a plastic bottle that you're tossing into recycle after a dozen or so uses.

So ummm... enough anecdotal crap, anyone watch the OP video, it's actually pretty interesting/informative. Considering the subject matter.

Heaven forfend I should desire clean vessels and quality products in the preparation and consumption of a beverage...

Stick with your disposable plastic thing, I'll keep my reusable percolator :P

Nah, I didn't watch the video...
By Grabthar's Hammer