XCOM: Enemy Unknown 2012

Started by Melbosa, September 06, 2012, 07:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I've been following this development and it looks like it will be just like XCOM the original game with updates and new stuff.  But still that good old turn based action I remember and love!

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/

It looks so fun and juicy... might take Oct 9th off from any form of work and sit in front of that glowing screen of death!

Something new for the Steam Pre-Order: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/.  They have a Kickstarter style bar that is based on how many people buy the pre-order gives bonus content to everyone whom pre-orders.  Never seen that before on Steam.  I urge you, if you were a fan of the original and want to bring it back again, please please please pre-order this one and join me in saving planet Earth once again!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

NEED............

MORE..............

PRE-ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mags

Just picked up the game this morning. Just a note that the PC box version apparently only comes in special edition mode (still $60), so you get all the per-order steam stuff (classic soldier/deco packs/color customization (but not civ V)).

Plus:  Sew on patch
            Wallpapers
            Ringtones
            Music
            Poster
            Hard Cover story/art book

Not bad for no pre-order i thought anyways.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

That's actually pretty cool, so many in-box games these days are just the disc making the decision to go with Steam or other direct download options slightly more appealing.

Once you take a bite out of it post a review!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 09, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
That's actually pretty cool, so many in-box games these days are just the disc making the decision to go with Steam or other direct download options slightly more appealing.

Will do. Not much time between Borderlands 2/Baby/Full DVR/X-Com though, so might take a bit.

P.S. WTF have you done to assault rifles Gearbox!?!?!

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 09, 2012, 11:34:46 AM

Looking at what is in my steam library I am very glad I haven't purchased a boxed PC game in a long time.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on October 09, 2012, 11:39:05 AMLooking at what is in my steam library I am very glad I haven't purchased a boxed PC game in a long time.

The last box game I bought for PC was Bioshock 2 (I think) and it is currently uninstalled, sitting on a shelf.

Quote from: Mags on October 09, 2012, 11:39:07 AMWill do. Not much time between Borderlands 2/Baby/Full DVR/X-Com though, so might take a bit.

It seems like everyone on my Steam friends list is playing Borderlands these days haha

I haven't played "Baby" I hear it gets challenging when you get to the higher levels (less grind but more frustrating as you reach level cap)

hee hee
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 09, 2012, 11:49:16 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on October 09, 2012, 11:39:05 AMLooking at what is in my steam library I am very glad I haven't purchased a boxed PC game in a long time.

The last box game I bought for PC was Bioshock 2 (I think) and it is currently uninstalled, sitting on a shelf.

Quote from: Mags on October 09, 2012, 11:39:07 AMWill do. Not much time between Borderlands 2/Baby/Full DVR/X-Com though, so might take a bit.

It seems like everyone on my Steam friends list is playing Borderlands these days haha

I haven't played "Baby" I hear it gets challenging when you get to the higher levels (less grind but more frustrating as you reach level cap)

hee hee

LOL. Playing the female mod, easier at low level, but ramps up to impossible later I hear.

Mr. Analog

Yeah plagued with control issues I hear LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Oh gods, the female mod is known to emit terrible screeches and whines at you, starting at the mid levels and carrying through to the end game.  And the only defense you have is the Here's Cash Go Shopping move.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

This game is fantastic!!!!! I can't stop...

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I am so very tempted to get this, however it appears to be a GIGANTIC time sink... so I may avoid
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 11, 2012, 04:56:49 PM
I am so very tempted to get this, however it appears to be a GIGANTIC time sink... so I may avoid

Not a time sink at the moment. After a 1.8 gig patch, my game is unplayable.. grrrr

Was loving the game before that though.

Mags

Quote from: Mags on October 11, 2012, 10:43:57 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 11, 2012, 04:56:49 PM

Not a time sink at the moment. After a 1.8 gig patch, my game is unplayable.. grrrr

Was loving the game before that though.

Back up and running. Seems (for some) the game went into a mode of about 5 fps and choppy sound, until you rebooted your machine. Seems odd, but there you have it.