new player: CowGirl_

Started by Thorin, December 29, 2012, 01:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Yup, that's right, CowGirl's finally jumped on board and started playing Minecraft with us!  She's CowGirl_ with an underscore, since CowGirl was taken already. 

Holy sucky purchasing experience, batman!  We had to make a Mojang account (okay, makes sense), then a Moneybookers account (to pay - why couldn't I just pay without creating a new account?!), then a Verified by VISA account (wtf?).  Eventually it went through, though.  Oh, and then we couldn't log in because you don't make a Minecraft account anymore, you make a Mojang account - with the Minecraft account you log in with your nickname, with the Mojang account you log in with your email address.  Took me a while to figure that one out, since you only see the error message if you're running vanilla Minecraft client and of course I was using my MagicLauncher setup.

BMan_C travelled with her for a bit, Yellowbear_ travelled with her for a bit, and I spent the night hanging out with her.  She now knows how craft, how to noob-tower, how to smelt, how to mine, and how to freak out and run away from monsters!  Also, she's got 20+ diamonds, a full suit of iron armour, and probably a stack or more of iron ore to smelt.  Tomorrow maybe we'll teach her about wheat or potato or carrot farming, so she can start growing some edibles.  We were giving her bread to start, just because it's so abundant.

Here's where she built her first house: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-177/64/71/max/0/0 (Overviewer is still not working, so here's the DynMapper version: http://tomasu.org:8123/?worldname=righteouswrath&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=-184&y=64&z=80).  It's a dirt hut with a door and a pressure plate to guarantee it's closure.  No windows yet.  A tower of smooth stone on top to help find it in the wilderness.  The other two buildings near there are BMan_C's first and second houses; he was quite excited to find them back!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ooh! Welcome to the Server CowGirl_

Love where you picked to build, also I was wondering whose buildings those were the other day, I could see them when I was building the teleportal terminal

Welcome to the madness!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

CowGirl_'s place has grown: http://tomasu.org:8123/?worldname=righteouswrath&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=-198&y=64&z=68

She has a barn with cows, pigs, chickens, and black and white sheep.  The "barn" is actually a hole in the ground covered with glass, since that works better at keeping animals in.  She's got a little tree farm, a decent wheat/potato/carrot farm, and three double chests full of stuff.  There's a path from Spawn City out to her place (and also BMan_C's two little houses).

Now we're gathering resources to try and make a cow statue!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I may be able to help in the wool department:-)

It's weird seeing a road there now, heh. It reminds me too, I knocked down all those hovering trees leading south, they were making me crazy!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I'm sure collecting wool won't be a problem.  Now that we have someone with a barn in the area, I plan to grow lots of carrots and wheat and grow the number of animals, and then start a release program.  That way we'll finally have animals walking around spawn again.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

There should also still be quite a few animals in the area that escaped the fenced area at the base of the Biodome tower.

Thorin

Hmm, it's been a long time since I've seen animals at spawn.  My thinking is that the griefer killed 'em all, at least the ones that were wandering around.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful