Main Menu

new commands

Started by Thorin, December 31, 2012, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Dunno if everyone's aware of it, but Tom added in the Essentials server mod.  That gives us some new commands that are really handy:

/spawn - sends you to spawn (I put down a gravel pad and a path so it's easy to figure out where to go once you're there)
/sethome - sets your current location as your home location
/home - teleports you to your home location
/back - teleports you to the last place you teleported from or died at (really useful to get your stuff back when you die; respawn, then type /back, then gather your material and put on your armour right away since what killed you will still be in the area)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 31, 2012, 09:49:26 PM
What I you die in lava?
Then there's really no point in going back.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

lol

/home, get your potion of fire protection, drink it, /back, hope your stuff isn't burnt.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Could have use those commands last night.

1. Died once in lava when pushed by a mob
2. Died a second time getting lost in a cave and my last pick broke.

Both times lost piles of stuff

Thorin

You were on last night?  I didn't see ya...  I don't think these commands work on the FTB server, only on the regular Usamot server.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 01, 2013, 12:05:12 AM
You were on last night?  I didn't see ya...  I don't think these commands work on the FTB server, only on the regular Usamot server.
Indeed, those commands are part of an addon for bukkit. The FTB pack uses Forge rather than Bukkit.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 31, 2012, 11:31:23 PM
Could have use those commands last night.

1. Died once in lava when pushed by a mob
2. Died a second time getting lost in a cave and my last pick broke.

Both times lost piles of stuff

Man I hate when that happens, I was hunting for tin the other day and got banged by a TON of mobs in a giant cave, I had to go back for my stuff because it was valuable.I think I died about 8 times lol.

Time to craft that nano armour heh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, in my one night of playing FTB I came across quite a bit of tin, I think.  Also aluminum and copper.  And I really don't know what I'm going to do with it, I haven't bothered to read any of the wiki entries yet.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 01, 2013, 02:26:41 PM
Hmm, in my one night of playing FTB I came across quite a bit of tin, I think.  Also aluminum and copper.  And I really don't know what I'm going to do with it, I haven't bothered to read any of the wiki entries yet.

Copper is used to make copper wire, combine it with rubber and you get insulated copper wire. If you are building IndustrialCraft machines you will need lots of wires.

Likewise tin is used to make a lot of things but most importantly is probably the RE-Battery

If you are using IC2 stuff these combined with Iron are your go-to ores.

You'll need lots.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So I've found myself using /home - get supplies / drop supplies - /back a fair bit.  I have my home set as my storage room...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 04, 2013, 09:44:23 AM
So I've found myself using /home - get supplies / drop supplies - /back a fair bit.  I have my home set as my storage room...

That could be a solution to Lazy's travel distance problem!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 04, 2013, 09:46:15 AM

Only available on the "vanilla" server. We don't have bukkit on the FTB server.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 04, 2013, 09:46:15 AM

Yah, ya just gotta remember not to do any other teleporting in-between (for instance, by using a Tele-Portal or a nether portal), otherwise the /back doesn't take you to where you originally typed /home.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful