Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Well, as long as you can disable it if you want, right?

I wouldn't mind flying, it would save the world from nerd poles!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

But that takes away half the challenge!  I mean, why not set up a Creative server, then?

And it doesn't seem to remember from session to session that I want flying disabled.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

The challenge of piling dirt blocks wheeeeeeeee

Why, I'll build a 200 foot tall automaton with a heart of pure blackness with on-ramps for arms!

...in FTB
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I can see if I can disable the fly option in bukkit... but maybe not just now. it doesn't seem to be the simplest of things to do. have to mess with a permissions.yml file that is currently empty. And adding things may just break things.

Way too tired to muck with it. YAY ANXIETY! YAY INSOMNIA!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

heh, that was me earlier this week...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr. Analog

Everything ok?

I know sleeping has been tough last few days because of the weather
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Just been overly anxious. drinking too much cola, being too tired... Went to calgary last weekend, was kinda stressed about that. then some work stuff, etc.

Mr. Analog

Ahh

Go for a nap or do some activity for a while, get your mind off it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on May 31, 2013, 08:58:04 AM

I understand this.  I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, too, fell asleep after 4:45am after tossing and turning for four hours.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2013, 10:09:33 AM
Ahh

Go for a nap or do some activity for a while, get your mind off it
Yeah. I've been doing that, and end up sleeping too much. That is part of the problem as well. Too much sleep triggers my depression /and/ anxiety. I end up trying to get up at a decent time, which means 6-7 hours of sleep or less, then I end up falling asleep on the couch... and sleeping for 4+ hours more.

Today I am going to /need/ a nap. and I hope its just a nap, rather than a full sleep, or my schedule will be worse than it was before.

Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2013, 10:19:17 AM
Quote from: Tom on May 31, 2013, 08:58:04 AM

I understand this.  I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, too, fell asleep after 4:45am after tossing and turning for four hours.
:( yeah, it was something like 4:30 (5?) am when I decided I spent enough time in bed. I figured that since I was tired, and that lately, I've been falling asleep in front of the youtubes, it would help me get to sleep. no such luck. but now, I'm tired enough for sure.

I guess I got back into that, I have to get so dead tired that I can't not sleep, mode.. which I hate so very much.

Mr. Analog

Yep, like I say, get out and do something different.

Why not see Iron Man 3 or hit Whyte Ave and go for lunch, just get out and try something. Get away from screens for a while (or y'know, big huge screens for an hour+ haha)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah.. Though that trip to calgary didn't help too much ;) that was something completely different.

Mr. Analog

:thumbsup:

It's more about doing something to:
a) get out of the routine
b) occupy your mind

I'm getting better at coping with this myself but it's still way too easy to just sit back and not :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

One thing I noticed is that when I'm /not/ busy it gets worse :-x so not a terrible idea. but it being bad at all makes it hard for me to do anything. soooo yeaaaahhhhh. I plan on working on a personal project this weekend. maybe some cleaning and mucking with some computer hardware (new uninstalled amd fx cpu anyone?).