Don't Die Dateless, Dummy

Started by Thorin, May 16, 2013, 11:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

This is a video about some guys who play an XBox Live game called Don't Die Dateless, Dummy: http://youtu.be/pkPGaHp5KEs

At first, I didn't know if I liked it.  Then there was so much negative stereotyping about men who play videogames, I almost turned it off, but I stuck with it.  Then girls started popping up and talking to the protagonist.

The ending was a complete surprise to me!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

LOL that was NOT what I was expecting at all oh man!! Hahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

meh.

but somehow, related videos got me to this gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5isFQ0sPI
"THIS IS HARD". Nice, accurate name, devs! (and only ~ $1 on XBL)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

To get the full effect you have to watch the whole thing legit, when it gets to the end it completely changes haha

It also helps to remember these guys played this awful AWFUL game early in the morning on a charity livestream.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Sure I guess, but those kind of games are pretty meh to me. Personal taste I guess, time sinks all of them, plus their "win" value really comes down to creativity in the writing, imo.

Over time I'm less and less of a gamer too -- find myself skipping ahead in so many gameplay vids, let alone ever actually playing one anymore? ha!  :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I can't believe you sat through the whole thing, Mr. A :)

But the ending is worth it.  Skipping ahead, though, would definitely lessen the experience.

Also worth noting these guys were on hour 24 of continuous game play to raise money for a charity, so they were pretty punchy.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

It was classic man, classic.

Like at first I got sucked in to this whole eye-rollingly bad dating sim thing. You kind of know something is up because of the dialogue but then when you hit the ending you realize it was ALL setup lol

For $3 I'm kind of curious what the other outcomes are haha

I was fairly tweaked after D&D last night so I ended up watching a bunch of vids before bed.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 17, 2013, 11:28:26 AM
I was fairly tweaked after D&D last night so I ended up watching a bunch of vids before bed.

I wish Skype would've worked better last night, it was hard to do the RP/investigate-the-murders part when I couldn't understand what was being said.

Any other good vids you watched?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 17, 2013, 11:40:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 17, 2013, 11:28:26 AM

I wish Skype would've worked better last night, it was hard to do the RP/investigate-the-murders part when I couldn't understand what was being said.

Any other good vids you watched?

Yeah, Sjin had another episode of Prison Architect, those are usually pretty funny, Rythian & Zoey finally posted a continuation of their Minecraft adventure series, Sips was playing Don't Starve (he iced an elephant at long last), the main Yogscast guys were out camping playing IRL Don't Starve with hilarious results (turns out you can't BBQ a jaffa cake) then things got a bit silly at the end (Simon and a cartoon bear... you don't want to know).

Nilesy was playing with Thaumcraft yesterday and was learning some massive recipe that requires what looks like all the base and magic Thaumic elements, I think that is the recipe that allows you to build cool wands.

Game Groomps were playing the EXTRA creepy Mr. Mosquito and also episode 102 of their Sonic '08, which had some interesting "real talk".

Then I watched a video that showed the multiplayer ending to Bioshock 2, I didn't even know the multiplayer had a story let alone an ending. Then there was a related video that highlighted most of the easter eggs in Bioshock Infinite.

THEN I found out that Bethesda re-released the Fallout 3 trailer on their YouTube channel, so there is a lot of speculation now that there might be some Fallout 4 news coming "soon" (though not at E3, I guess that was confirmed? But who knows for sure)

Then I shut off the computer because it was like 1:30 or something lol

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well at least you didn't end up reading judges' decisions like I did.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 17, 2013, 01:35:50 PM
Well at least you didn't end up reading judges' decisions like I did.

wat
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, so, this wasn't last night but another night, I read an article about hockey on Cult Of Hockey, then that side-linked an article about family law on the Edmonton Journal website, then that led to a couple of articles about abused women who had sued their ex-husbands for pain and suffering, which then led me to read the actual judges' decisions posted online.  I gotta say, in Canada judges don't award nearly as much cash as they do in the US.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

How is it you didn't fall asleep like instantly?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Legal proceedings and precise law wordings fascinate me.  Judges' decisions read like short stories most of the time, except they're about real people.

Same reason I occasionally check for changes to the tax code or the labour code or the driving laws.  I like knowing the details.

Hey, you read that judge's decision that had all those Star Trek references, didn't you?  That wasn't boring, was it?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I believe it was Bart Simpson who said it best: booooooooring

;-)
By Grabthar's Hammer