Always look on the starbound side of life.

Started by Tom, December 08, 2013, 10:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

There are instrument items in the game. And apparently, you can "program" new songs for them.

Mr. Analog

I figured out how to get logs from trees

LOLOLOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 09, 2013, 12:56:56 AM
I figured out how to get logs from trees

LOLOLOL
Heh! If you see devices/tables in the crafting lists, MAKE THEM. thats one thing that bit me. "Where's all the stuff?" well, you need other tables/devices to make different things.

Mr. Analog

Yeah, once I made an anvil the game got a LOT easier (the hunting bow is virtually useless)

Also learning how to dual wield stuff improved things a lot, why is the UI so confusing? yarg
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, figuring out the whole left/right mouse button thing was fun. that needs to be made clearer.

Other things that made the game easier, "tech". I have a "dash" and a "double jump" tech atm. the double jump one is so freaking awesome. Makes caving a lot less annoying.

Tom

Also, don't press Q when holding your best weapon, and then not notice it happening.

Mr. Analog

It's one feature they've ported from Minecraft... throwing your sword at an enemy instead of using it (LEWIIIIIIIIIS!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Same guy has a new one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAk73l8MKFo - I'm Gonna be (500 miles).

I think its probably the perfect song for this game.

Tom

Oh, I hear there may be a character reset soon. Don't get too attached to them :(

seems the save file format is still a little in flux.

Mr. Analog

Given that I started yesterday I'm not too worried :)

MY TINY HOUSEEEEEEE!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I actually played a lot, I'm sorta torn, but my initial start world has been pretty barren so far. and my start system has ONE planet. talk about sucky. I had to spend a bunch of fuel to travel to another solar system just to see some sights.

Mr. Analog

I accidentally piloted my ship to a neighbouring planet (I think) and it was full of great stuff!

I landed and there were trees and caves and vines, coal near the surface... pretty good stuff. I had a campfire, a bed and a little house built in the first day.

When I got settled I went exploring and found a HUUUUUGE mining camp full of all kinds of goodies, as well as a strange looking pagoda house with a gong (!?)

I only played for a few hours but it was fun once I got the hang of it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I've gotten stuck playing for a few hours a couple times. mostly last night and today :-x

I haven't been able to explore the new planet a lot yet.. we'll see how it goes. eventually I want to get back and see whats at the edges of my home planet too. but its a bit of a walk.