Always look on the starbound side of life.

Started by Tom, December 08, 2013, 10:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I should be playing tonight, maybe I can find some more ores and build new things
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

One quick way to find a lot is to dig down, especially on your starter world. caving is good but more dangerous. you start getting some really large veins of ore the deeper you go. Just watch out for caves on your way down. the drops can be fatal.

On non starter worlds, you get some decent ores on the surface. its kinda funny really. the new world I travelled to, I saw silver on the surface and a ton of iron and copper. it was cray cray. nothing like that on my start world.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Nice! I guess the starter worlds are kind of designed to teach you about digging and stuff.

One thing that was ultra confusing when I got started was the teleporter pad, I thought I just had to stand on it and press "E" but that didn't work (later I found the button) so I ended up piloting my ship to who knows where, it's a nice planet!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ah, well if you mouse over the pad and then hit E, then you can teleport. the mouse highlight tends to override the normal "e" interaction. but the big blue up/down arrow works too. I also find middle clicking the teleporter works too. I think middle click is a synonym for E most times.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I was kind of hoping it would be more like Awesomenauts where you just stand on terminals and press E to interact
By Grabthar's Hammer