Main Menu

Anchorman 2

Started by Melbosa, December 17, 2013, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The city centre location is closed? :o it hasn't been THAT long has it?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yep, almost a year now, when they sold off their fixtures it made the news, they had a lot of cool stuff there.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/unique-local-business-selling-familiar-fixtures-from-old-elephant-castle-pub-1.1249539
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Wow. I guess it's been a while since we went for that movie then huh. Gotta do that again soon man.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Friday after work bro-time? Count me in...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Could do yeah!

It depends on how ugly the sidewalks get, I just about slipped down the hill coming home today, I'm working from home tomorrow for sure!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 15, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
Could do yeah!

It depends on how ugly the sidewalks get, I just about slipped down the hill coming home today, I'm working from home tomorrow for sure!
Yeah, me too!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2014, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 15, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
Could do yeah!

Yeah, me too!

Sidewalks were brutal last night, I would walk on the road but there's so much snow on either side I'd be in the middle of it

Ugh!!

I'll scout around later today, I kind of want to go into the office on Friday
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

If it's too cold and or windy/slippery, we should just wait till it isn't quite so bad. No use all of us falling on our asses and breaking a tailbone or three.

Mr. Analog

I'll do a reccy at lunch, see if they got any machines out today. Optionally I can LRT it to the station and take a cab home, especially if I'm gonna have a couple of beers before or after

It's funny the only ugly part is the last 1/2 KM around my house, everything else is bare pavement
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

One thing I'm looking forward to is the new theatre opening over here. I've heard it'll have one of those licensed adult screens with the big comfy chairs, and food. The slightly not so good thing is I think they'll be closing the claireview theatre once this one is open (since cineplex went and bought their older theatres back again).

Darren Dirt

current weather = Wind: WSW 11 km/h

tomorrow expected high +6C.

I doubt ice will be a problem between the LRT and whatever movie theatre we choose.

Quote from: Tom on January 16, 2014, 10:13:42 AM
One thing I'm looking forward to is the new theatre opening over here. I've heard it'll have one of those licensed adult screens with the big comfy chairs, and food. The slightly not so good thing is I think they'll be closing the claireview theatre once this one is open (since cineplex went and bought their older theatres back again).

DAY-um. That means less accessibility, then, don't it? What's the location of the new theatre? How close to LRT/buses? I really hope it ain't gonna be a "power centre" around 153Ave near Manning??? aka "Manning Town Centre"? http://www.camdevcorp.com/images/uploads/Manning_TC.pdf via http://www.camdevcorp.com/index.php/projects/

PS:
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 17, 2013, 11:04:55 AM
No, not at all,

Not on the radio
Not on television
Not on the internet
Not in my ice cream

Not at all.

Also not selling Dodge Durangos.

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on January 16, 2014, 10:16:49 AM
current weather = Wind: WSW 11 km/h

tomorrow expected high +6C.

I doubt ice will be a problem between the LRT and whatever movie theatre we choose.

Quote from: Tom on January 16, 2014, 10:13:42 AM

DAY-um. That means less accessibility, then, don't it? What's the location of the new theatre? How close to LRT/buses? I really hope it ain't gonna be a "power centre" around 153Ave near Manning???

Yeah that's the place. I think there's already a mini bus that goes in there? Not 100% sure, but if it hasn't happened yet, it needs to. The 184 goes by there though too. And the 302 does till 18th opens back up. theres already a bunch of stuff open in there, like a lowes :D so much more convenient than going to HomeDepot.

Mr. Analog

Man, I hope they don't close Claireview Theatre, lots of good memories there

That's the theatre I hit up on the weekends during the summer, that and City Centre

I really don't like that these huge theatre complexes are so hard to get to by transit...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 16, 2014, 10:31:14 AM
I really don't like that these huge theatre complexes are so hard to get to by transit...

Well if it's @ 153 Ave that is stupidly smack-dab halfway in the middle of current Clareview LRT/bus and the upcoming Gorman station -- wtf retail/commercial developers, do you even GET how transit-focused this city is trying to be?

EDIT: oops, my bad, Gorman is actually just on the north edge of this proposed development -- http://www.edmonton.ca/transportation/ets/lrt_projects/north-lrt-study.aspx -- in the same way as Clareview is on the north edge of the current strip mall area including Superstore/Future Shop thru Walmart... For some reason I thought Gorman was closer to 167 Ave.