Walking While You Work At Your Desk

Started by Thorin, January 17, 2012, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Is it just me or do I see a web comic on the screen?

Regardless... I don't see why you would want to combine these two things, part of the joy of exercise is that you get to turn brain off for an hour or so. It's kind of like people who go to lunch and do nothing but respond to e-mail. I don't care how important you think you are but life goes on if you log out for an hour or two.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

This is from the guy who writes Unshelved and Not Invented Here so yeah, there's probably a web comic on the screen.

I think he likes it because this way when he's done working he doesn't have exercise interrupt his non-work part of the day.  Who knows, maybe the guy likes to sit back and fish, and you can't exercise while you fish or you won't catch anything.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 17, 2012, 01:38:41 PM
I don't see why you would want to combine these two things, part of the joy of exercise is that you get to turn brain off for an hour or so.

Agree with you sir! Unless you're watching on your PC a dozen episodes of Southpark one after the other or something, then it makes sense to get some blood flowing at the same time instead of letting it all pool down in your butt and legs. But that's just my take on it since I don't have actual Cable TV so I use the interweb as my enter-scape-ment source.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Or you could somehow escape the pixelated grip of the monitor for an hour lol

Also...

Area Man Constantly Mentioning He Doesn't Own A Television
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I've never heard of this... "Claudia". And my local laundromat is not "Suds 'N' Duds".

/offendedsniffle

Strive for progress. Not perfection.