Easiest Wireless Controller/Accessory Solution for Gaming on PC

Started by Melbosa, October 03, 2007, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I've been setting up my new computer, and realized that with it going into my living room, I am going to need some wireless technology for Gaming.  So, being that I own an XBox 360 and knew they were releasing a Wireless adapter for the PC (you could always buy the wired controllers for the PC since about a month after the 360 was released I believe), I thought I would check out what was available.

So I bought the Microsoft Gaming Receiver for Windows today.  Man is it slick.  Will allow me to use the Microsoft XBox 360 Controllers, Wireless Headset and any other wireless devices for the 360 (the wheel and guitars).  Because I know the range is good from my XBox 360 and my PC will be no farther away, I think this little device is slick.  And the headsets aren't bad with the 360 either; with TF2 and MMOs utilizing VOIP, and more games supporting it, thought what a neat way to get me a wireless mic as well, especially with the new ear piece Halo ones for sale.

All-in-all the little device is $20 CDN, plus the cost of the XBox 360 accessories that you might want to utilize.  But hey if you have a 360 or are looking into getting one, one day, what an easy choice in my book!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!