changing spaces

Started by raeofsunshine, April 21, 2005, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raeofsunshine

Mr. Analog

In Soviet Russia house moves you!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

In Cyberia Interweb, dated jokes laugh at you!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Pile heavy stuff to the front, furnature on the bottom, and the skies is the limit.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"Pile heavy stuff to the front, furnature on the bottom, and the skies is the limit.
...oh yeah and make sure to do a horrible job wasting space in the truck thus requiring multiple trips when it should have been possible to get it all done in one trip at least that's what one of your long-suffering friends said repeatedly but no you wouldn't listen you knew better darn that pride and so you ended up taking an extra day off work and had practically no sleep and the gas wasn't on that next morning and the gas company screwed up and had no record of you even calling to hook it up and so therefore a whole evil mess came out of that and also the truck rental agreement had some annoying fine print that you didn't notice at the time of signing and nobody there said anything and that was totally unethical and bad business practice but oh well you paid the full invoice because even after talking to the manager/owner and hinting that he was economically shooting himself in the foot by siding with his longtime employee who totally failed to tell the customer the warning about how a day is not twenty four hours but now you are at least telling anyone who will listen that they should avoid dealing with General Trucking on Yellowhead Trail because they are scoundrels and you learned your lesson the next time and called around and nobody else was that deceitful so it was a lot cheaper a month later when helping your kids and their mom move back to the city from which they never should have left in the first place and especially for that reason but hey at least they are back and even if they end up moving again perhaps to downtown or even to the north side it's okay because at least they are within the same city limits so no more last minute car rentals with ridiculous insurance charges and long highway driving especially during the winter because boy there were some pretty crazy drivers on number two but at least it is divided the whole way and the AMA website keeps the conditions up to date so it really wasn't so bad but you certainly don't want things to go back there so that's why you are sometimes a bit of a pushover and don't stop her when she is totally out of line but you let the ringing phone go unanswered an awful lot more than you ever thought you would but life goes on and so therefore here comes the completion of this overly-revealing strangely-candid semi-autobiographical and unexpected description of a certain unnamed individual's mistakes or were they mistakes I mean really when it comes down to it what exactly is fate or free will or predestination and stuff like that I mean it was entertainly discussed so well and in depth in the Richard Linklater film Waking Life but perhaps that is a topic better delayed for another day and with that let's conclude by saying that you should be careful that you efficiently use the available space in the truck otherwise look what a nutcase you turn into actually just kidding but seriously because your friends can mock you whenever someone moving reminds them of your incompetence...

Melbosa

Hmmmm wasn't talking about your move at all, was actually talking about my last move with a trailer, where we put the heavy stuff at the back, and furnature on furnature.  Going down the Wayne Gretz bridge, almost lost the trailer, and scratched the hell out of some of my furnature.

But hey, looks like you got something off your chest, so that's good isn't it :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

I pack in two styles.. One is like Darren Dirt the other is like Melbosa there is no in-between for me.

More travel time or more packing time.. It sort of depends how close or how far the move is.

Darren Dirt

When my kids are all growed up I am planning on just buying a moving truck and living in the back rather than having to move my stuff between abodes every year or two. And bonus, that way They won't be able to get me.  :wacko: