DOA creator on Tekken 5

Started by Melbosa, February 28, 2005, 08:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3138627&did=1

Most of this article is about the DOAU online tournament, but this last part is a nice slam against Tekken creators:

Quote1UP: Speaking of your enemies, Tekken 5 just came out in North America (and we know how you feel about Tekken), but doesn't feature any sort of online play, multi-tiered stages, or tag-team play. Do you think they chickened out of the online arena?

TI: First they put in all of these half-finished "features", then they take them right out again. Tag fights, elevation differences, walls. I don't know if it's because they're impatient, or because they lack the ability, but no matter the reason those guys are a pretty weird bunch. Any of those things would have become a bonafide feature if they took the time to do it right (laughs). Oh, and come on guys, let's quit trying to hide the prehistoric nature of the main product by tacking on some absurd "bonus game." I have been saying this for 5 years, haven't I? If you have the time to make an action-style "bonus game", why don't you create an honest-to-god action game and sell it as a standalone product? Oh, and if you're going to bother including such a "unique" form of ball play, you should do a beach volleyball game instead (laughs).

Oh, that's right, I forgot something important. You guys did do a "bonafide" action game, didn't you? What was it called again? Oh yeah, NINA: Death by Degrees.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

If Tekken is to survive it has to evolve, Tekken 4 was utter crap.

On the plus side Gran Tourisimo 4 is out!
By Grabthar's Hammer