Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 27, 2012, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on April 27, 2012, 11:09:40 AM
I carry none... buckets of water lol silly people.

I should introduce you to my friend "bucket-o-lava_

I read that in "Scarface"'s voice

SAY HELLO TO MY HOT FRIEND!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Buckets don't stack.  There's only one there and it's in the 8 position, but the bucket is being drawn over the 8 so it looks like a 9.

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on April 27, 2012, 11:15:05 AM
twice in recollection.  I can survive in full iron a touch of the lava if at full health.  So I've never really carried a bucket of water with me anymore.  I probably should...

I often forget to bring one, most of the time I have one is if I am digging in an area i KNOW has lots of lava.

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on April 27, 2012, 11:22:32 AM
Buckets don't stack.  There's only one there and it's in the 8 position, but the bucket is being drawn over the 8 so it looks like a 9.

Ah, those numbers are just showing item position, got it.

I bring a filled water bucket everywhere I go because of damn creepers blowing up nice lakes and then me having to dam them up and then after damming them up having to redistribute the water so it settles down again (I don't like currents in the water).

DAMN CREEPERS!

And I never seem to remember to use water when I encounter lava, I always run and jump away as fast as I can...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

I always carry two buckets. While mining I use them to turn lava into obsidian, and I like to have the second one so that I can always create an infinite spring if I need one.

As for currents in the water, you can eliminate them without a bucket by making the water one block deep.  you can then dig down again to make them deeper without creating a current.  If you have a current in deep water, you can lay a trail of blocks across the surface to where there the current is, then dive in and place a second block under the block covering the centre of the current. If you then remove the blocks from the top down, the current will be gone.

Thorin

Thank you, hadn't even thought about bringing the bottom up to one block deep to fix it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

I made my sheep pen bigger, and bred a few more sheep.

Oh, and did I mention that the sheep are about 50m below the surface? :D

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on April 27, 2012, 02:23:22 PM

When I first started playing Minecraft I thought things should be on the surface and that it would be easier there.  But the more I play, the more I think digging tunnels is actually easier than dealing with all the mobs on the surface.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 27, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
Quote from: LennyLen on April 27, 2012, 02:23:22 PM

When I first started playing Minecraft I thought things should be on the surface and that it would be easier there.  But the more I play, the more I think digging tunnels is actually easier than dealing with all the mobs on the surface.

Yes...

It does get a bit stuffy down there (well, before the CHUDs get you anyway)

:dance:
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I've added two new chambers to my underground farm.

The Melon farm:

The Pumpkin farm:

Mr. Analog

That's a whole lotta pumpkins...
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I've started working on a semi-automated wheat farm.  The first half of it is complete, so I put it through a test-run (hence why not all the wheat is fully grown in the pics).

These are the growing fields as seen from the bottom row:

And from the top:

This is the water reservoir. The stone blocks beneath the row of gravel are sitting on sticky pistons that pull them down, causing the gravel to drop and release the water.  When the pistons are extended back up, the water flow is cut off.

Clicking the lever toggles the sticky pistons.

Flood!

The drops are collected in a channel at the bottom that gets directed to a single collection point.  It seems to be a bout 95% effective, with a few drops that didn't get collected.

Ready for replanting.

Lazybones

LennyLen

I'd wanted to make a video, but Minecraft now takes up too much of my aging relic's resources and I can only get 2 or 3 fps while recording. :(

As I mentioned to Tomasu in IRC, one thing I learnt from building this is if you're trying to build something for the first time, and are making up the design as you are going along, carving it out of solid rock is not the best way to go about it.

Mr. Analog

I made a lighthouse with a light that actually cycles!
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/80/64/-276/max/0/0

And some pics of Edge City
By Grabthar's Hammer