Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 09, 2012, 09:24:19 AM
That looks _awesome_!  Anyone ever tell you you have an eye for design?

I'm trying to figure out what the dark stuff for the cables going from the crane to the container is, though.

Thanks! I tweaked it a bit this morning while waiting for laundry, so all the rooms are furnished. I want to get three or four different types of wood to make shipping containers.

Yeah, I mined a bunch of nether brick a while ago and made fences for the cables, farming the sheep took A LOT more time... I wish we had EE haha

Quote from: LennyLen on August 09, 2012, 09:43:02 AM
That is awesome!

Here's a pyramid I found.  I took some shots of the interior, but for some reason they're corrupted. :(

Thanks! :D

Whoa! Man, was there any good loot inside? :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The corruption may be due to the server upgrade, other pyramids further out might do better. If not, I'll have to see what's up. Oh, maybe I'll try and fix the map while I'm sitting here.

* Tom downloads kitty.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

It was the screenshots that were corrupted. ie I couldn't load them in any image viewers.

QuoteWhoa! Man, was there any good loot inside?

Some iron and gold ingots.  Plus lots of bones.

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on August 09, 2012, 12:00:03 PM

I guess Indy hadn't gotten around to it yet?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 09, 2012, 12:50:46 PM
Quote from: LennyLen on August 09, 2012, 12:00:03 PM

I guess Indy hadn't gotten around to it yet?

As my skin is Indiana Jones I will only say this

THROW ME THE WHIP!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I need Minecraft Overviewer to refresh so that I can show off my handiwork here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/597/64/812/-1/0/0 (it's a full plane now!).  I started on it over four hours ago, but even the progress from back then (the tail section) isn't showing up yet.  Tom?  Can you manually refresh Overviewer?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Sorry about that. With not using the fancy script I get to run overviewer manually. Now there may or may not be issues with running it how I am. I'm ignoring the fact that minecraft might save some chunks in the middle of an overviewer run... I can fix that but I'm lazy.

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2012, 03:23:00 AM
I need Minecraft Overviewer to refresh so that I can show off my handiwork here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/597/64/812/-1/0/0 (it's a full plane now!).  I started on it over four hours ago, but even the progress from back then (the tail section) isn't showing up yet.  Tom?  Can you manually refresh Overviewer?

Well, here it is!  The wings look a little off due to the isometric view; they are the exact same length.  This is easier to see if you look at the shadow.  Many trees died to bring this plane to life.  Originally I was building the Spruce Goose (or Hughes H-4 Hercules) but I did the tail fins in the wrong shape and then didn't want to add the wing floaters or the propellers, so...  Now it's just jet-engined plane :)

This was a long time in the making, I started back in June, then took a break, then did a bunch of camping without internet access.

Oh, and that thing underneath is a white wool "cloud" housing the nether portal to get in there.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

That is freaking amazing!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

If that thing doesn't have a portal yet it needs one.

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on August 17, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2012, 12:38:51 PM
Oh, and that thing underneath is a white wool "cloud" housing the nether portal to get in there.

;)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on August 17, 2012, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 17, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2012, 12:38:51 PM

;)
That'll learn me to skim. (no it probably wont...)

Thorin

If I remember correctly, it's 14 blocks wide and 14 blocks high on the inside, 120ish blocks long, 120ish blocks wingspan, somewhere around 12,000 to 13,000 wood plank blocks (12,000 wood plank blocks is 3,000 wood blocks is 600ish trees is clearing my entire tree farm almost nine times :) ).  It might be more; I had the math done once upon a time but I changed the design as I was building and I can't really remember past the rough numbers anyway.

Tom: THERE IS A PORTAL IN THE WHITE WOOL "CLOUD"

There, even skimming you should catch that :)

Originally I was going to cover this up and keep it a surprise until I was done, but that would've taken 30,000 blocks ... _way too much_  As it was I had to put up about 700 blocks for scaffolding underneath just so I could build the underside.  The Overviewer picture doesn't do it justice, but this was designed as a flying boat, so the underside has a central keel and stabilizing edge keels (but as I said before, I gave up on the wing floats).

Next up I'm digging out a gigantinormous underground room that I'm planning on turning into some kind of underground dwarven city.  Here's the start of it: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1560/64/766/-1/0/1.  I plan on digging to the bottom illuminated layer.  It'll be 100 x 37 x 28 high (that's _104,636_ blocks excavated!  maybe it's time to learn how TNT works or else it'll take more than three stacks of diamond for the pick axes).

Also, maybe it's time do another small build so I can get that quick boost from an accomplishment.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 17, 2012, 05:09:51 PM

:P

Originally I was going to cover this up and keep it a surprise until I was done, but that would've taken 30,000 blocks ... _way too much_  As it was I had to put up about 700 blocks for scaffolding underneath just so I could build the underside.  The Overviewer picture doesn't do it justice, but this was designed as a flying boat, so the underside has a central keel and stabilizing edge keels (but as I said before, I gave up on the wing floats).

Next up I'm digging out a gigantinormous underground room that I'm planning on turning into some kind of underground dwarven city.  Here's the start of it: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1560/64/766/-1/0/1.  I plan on digging to the bottom illuminated layer.  It'll be 100 x 37 x 28 high (that's _104,636_ blocks excavated!  maybe it's time to learn how TNT works or else it'll take more than three stacks of diamond for the pick axes).

Also, maybe it's time do another small build so I can get that quick boost from an accomplishment.
You one crazy sucka.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 17, 2012, 06:17:32 PM

:P

You one crazy sucka.

Hey hey now! He's A-Number One! The Duke of Minecraft!
By Grabthar's Hammer