Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Pants

I finished my skeleton spawner farm.

A water stream carries them out of the spawning area and up a tube.

They fall down another tube to their near-deaths, here.

The block they fall on is attached to a sticky piston.  I can toggle whether they die or stay at half a heart.  I can also turn the whole thing off using redstone lamps.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

How nice of you to let them see their unmaker :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Giant Room!  37 blocks wide by 101 blocks long by 26 blocks high (was gonna be 28 blocks high but then I was at bedrock and got all those little black bedrock motes floating around, plus I wanted a layer of grass at the bottom) = 97,162 blocks of air that were previously not.

Now to build a nice underground village!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Pants on September 09, 2012, 09:08:02 PM
I finished my skeleton spawner farm.

The block they fall on is attached to a sticky piston.  I can toggle whether they die or stay at half a heart.  I can also turn the whole thing off using redstone lamps.
Thats pretty cool.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 09, 2012, 10:00:12 PM
Giant Room!  37 blocks wide by 101 blocks long by 26 blocks high (was gonna be 28 blocks high but then I was at bedrock and got all those little black bedrock motes floating around, plus I wanted a layer of grass at the bottom) = 97,162 blocks of air that were previously not.

Good lord that's massive!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 10, 2012, 05:21:37 AM
Quote from: Thorin on September 09, 2012, 10:00:12 PM

Good lord that's massive!

Yes, yes it is.  Twelve enchanted diamond picks made the ultimate sacrifice for this project, and one enchanted diamond shovel, while another enchanted shovel is hanging on for its life by the skin of its teeth.

I actually dug out 2 more layers, then put down a layer of smooth stone and then a layer of dirt / grass.  So really, I dug out 7,474 more blocks :)

I'm thinking a little lake in one corner, a nice little stream meandering through, maybe a few trees, and then some little houses built into the walls.  I wish I could get animals down there but animals don't go through portals and it's under water so it'd be real hard to get them to follow me.  Unless I build out a whole tunnel to the surface...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Well, in this case I don't see why we couldn't spawn in some beasties down there, unless you want to build a tunnel back to land with some kind of step system down to it and then painstakingly lead them using wheat.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Pants

http://i.imgur.com/ckmXz.jpg

I've been carving out the area around my skeleton spawner farm, and encasing it all in smooth stone.  I still have a few layers upwards to carve out, and I need to figure out what to do with the floor.  I don't like how dark everything is, so I have something special in mind to light it all up.

Pants

Quote from: Thorin on September 10, 2012, 09:25:31 AMI wish I could get animals down there but animals don't go through portals and it's under water so it'd be real hard to get them to follow me.  Unless I build out a whole tunnel to the surface...

How far away is solid land?  You could make an underground tunnel to the closest land, tunnel up, and then make a water break to drop them down.

Thorin

Quote from: Pants on September 10, 2012, 10:27:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ckmXz.jpg

I've been carving out the area around my skeleton spawner farm, and encasing it all in smooth stone.  I still have a few layers upwards to carve out, and I need to figure out what to do with the floor.  I don't like how dark everything is, so I have something special in mind to light it all up.

good lord, how did you dig that out so fast?  It's smaller than my room, yes, but still pretty darn big!  For the floor, how about using wool to make a giant Turkish rug or something?

edit: Also, I think this picture would look really awesome with the Connected Textures mod and the Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack...  One continuous transparent glass tube.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Thorin on September 10, 2012, 10:48:16 PM
good lord, how did you dig that out so fast?  It's smaller than my room, yes, but still pretty darn big!  For the floor, how about using wool to make a giant Turkish rug or something?

edit: Also, I think this picture would look really awesome with the Connected Textures mod and the Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack...  One continuous transparent glass tube.

I dug it out with a couple of efficiency picks, some well-placed dirt pillars, and a pair of feather falling boots.

I can't use wool for the floor, because I lack sheep.  There are sheep on my island, but I haven't penned them up and dyed them yet.  I was kind of thinking of making a bow pixel art thing for the floor, but I'm not sure.  My other idea might trump that one.

Pants