Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 12, 2012, 06:42:24 AM
Quote from: Pants on September 11, 2012, 10:47:54 PM
WALL OF LAVA!

Whoa! Secret entrance?

Well, hopefully not a garbage disposal to throw his extra diamonds in...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 12, 2012, 07:22:22 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 12, 2012, 06:42:24 AM
Quote from: Pants on September 11, 2012, 10:47:54 PM
WALL OF LAVA!

Whoa! Secret entrance?

Well, hopefully not a garbage disposal to throw his extra diamonds in...

Or people he doesn't like hahah
By Grabthar's Hammer

Pants

Here's the finished room.  It's what I've done to encase my skeleton spawner farm.

From above (I had to pillar up and crank up the FoV to get it all in one shot)

From below (I'm really close to bedrock level here so the bedrock haze stops me from seeing the ceiling)

I like how it turned out.  I wanted an "industrial" feel to it, with lots of stone, lava, iron bars, and glass blocks.  One of my goals was to not have any torch lighting, so it's 100% safe from hostile mob spawning using lava lighting.

Thorin

Nice!  I like the idea of torch-less lighting.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Pants

Does this Overviewer link work to show it underground?

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-5665/64/3719/max/0/1

Lazybones

Pants

Today I did a redstone project - something I've been meaning to do for awhile.

I made a wheat farm, with dispensers to auto-harvest it all.

The total size is 7x31 (those numbers had to be precise for what I did) for 217 tilled soil blocks.  Dispensers containing water buckets drop water onto the logs on the left.  The water flows to the far side and harvests all of the grown wheat and seeds.  There are rows of water on both sides (one beside the left logs, under the planks, and the other has lilypads on it so I can walk over it collect the harvest) to keep the area saturated.  I have a glass block ceiling over everything so I can't jump and accidentally trample the tilled soil.

Here's the redstone, which I put in the roof.  I tried to label the redstone components in some kind of logical way, and I'll try to explain it.
Click for big image

The way it works is that a dispenser with a water bucket will produce a water source block with one redstone pulse, and will pick up the water source block with another pulse.  Since it takes some time for all of the harvested wheat and seeds to travel to the lily pads, I added a timer to have the circuit pulse twice - one (almost) instant one, and one on a long delay.  I could have just used one single redstone circuit and just push the button twice, but I like to play around with mixing different circuits.

The input is the button circled in blue.  When I press it, it sends out a signal in two directions.  The purple line is (almost instant), and the green line is the timer.  They both meet at the block circled in red, which then sends out an instant signal along the orange lines to pulse the dispensers.

So you push the blue button, and the purple line powers the red block which instantly activates the dispensers to pour the water.  At the same time, a second signal is sent along the green line.  This is a circuit of repeaters set to full delay and takes about 12 seconds to carry this second signal to where it ends, which is at the purple (instant) line.  This activates the dispensers a second time, which scoops the water source blocks back up.  The repeater at the junction of the purple and green lines is important, because it stops the delayed signal from moving backwards toward the blue input, which would create an infinite loop around the green circuit, effectively turning the whole thing into a clock.

The only thing you can't automate about a wheat farm like this is to automatically replant itself.  You still have to walk around and replant the seeds.  There is another type of wheat farm which uses bonemeal to do it, which might be a project for me down the road.

Thorin

Nice layout.  I didn't realize dispensers would suck things back in, that's cool to know.  An' yeah, re-planting's kind of a pain.  I've never really found manual harvesting all that difficult; I'm getting to the point where I can run and still harvest a field.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2012, 09:15:26 PM
Nice layout.  I didn't realize dispensers would suck things back in, that's cool to know.

It only works like that for buckets - so just water and lava.

Thorin

Hey Pants, if you put square brackets "[" "]" on your signs, then we can see the text on the Overviewer.

Also, what is the large roundish stone structure over top of your storage building?  http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-5671/64/3814/max/0/0
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2012, 09:37:08 PM
Hey Pants, if you put square brackets "[" "]" on your signs, then we can see the text on the Overviewer.
How does that work exactly?  If I put square brackets on only one line of sign text, does the entire sign become visible on the Overviewer or just the line(s) with the square brackets?

Quote from: Thorin on September 13, 2012, 09:37:08 PMAlso, what is the large roundish stone structure over top of your storage building?  http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-5671/64/3814/max/0/0

Well, I can tell you that it's only 10% complete.  It will eventually be a lot larger.

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

QuoteWell, I can tell you that it's only 10% complete.  It will eventually be a lot larger.

Mob spawner?