Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pants

I found some Blaze spawners near my nether portal.

Spawner #1

Spawner #2

I was hoping that they are both within spawning range of each other, but it turns out they are about 8 blocks too far from each other.  I can't turn them into a single blaze farm.  The good news is that they are both pretty much encased in netherrack, so I can finesse them into doing my bidding whilst I am free from ghast attacks.

Thorin

I found this weird kinda arch walking around near my hotel; no idea who built it, but it looks like a work in progress still.

Also, I met Pants and Blank on the server today, and Pants has an interesting skin :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 15, 2012, 11:36:29 PM
Pants has an interesting skin :)

Looks like the main character from the game dead space.

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on September 04, 2012, 07:28:06 PM
But I have to ask, Lenny, where is your underwater dome?  http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13645-post-199966.html#pid199966

So Lenny posted on another forum some pictures of his underwater dome somewhere in the oceans of Usamot.

Quote from: Thorin on September 06, 2012, 11:06:25 PM
Quote from: LennyLen on September 06, 2012, 11:06:02 PM
QuoteI'm also still looking for Lenny's underwater dome

And there's so much ocean to search.

Now you're just being mean.

So then he was mean to me, basically challenging me to find it.

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-429/64/-746/max/0/0
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Weird things:

Crafting table in the middle of the ocean: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1266/64/-10/max/0/0.  Found this when YellowBear was boating back to her house.  Apparently there's a whole single-wide tower under it.

Entrance to nowhere?  http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-904/64/-66/max/0/0.  I don't know where this goes..
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Lazybones on September 15, 2012, 11:45:58 PM
Quote from: Thorin on September 15, 2012, 11:36:29 PM
Pants has an interesting skin :)

Looks like the main character from the game dead space.

Yeah, my skin is Isaac Clarke from Dead Space.  Great game.

Blank and I started on the Blaze farm.  We got all of the spawning area encased in dirt blocks and started on the outer shell.  I can't believe how much easier it is to deal with a Blaze spawner that is fully encased in netherrack.  Not being bombarded every 10 seconds by a ghast makes all of the difference.

We used dirt to encase the spawning area because we figured it would be the easiest block to remove when we are ready to make it active.  We could have used netherrack, but to remove it fast would mean using a pick and I'm horribly afraid of accidentally destroying the spawner while doing so.  I think using dirt is the best option.

The plan is to use pistons to push the blazes downwards to a 1x1 area.  I'll use a dispenser loaded with splash potions of poison to bring them down to a half-heart so I can punch them to death.  I think I'll use dispensers with lava buckets in the ceiling to turn on/off the spawning (via lighting).  I'm not quite sure how the redstone will work out for that, but I think it's do-able.

Feel free to check it out as I work on it, but just be careful not to remove any of the dirt blocks.  When it's totally done, everyone will be welcome to use it for leveling or loading up on blaze rods.  I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish it though.

I also got this drop from a random Zombie Pigman.

Mr. Analog

Very nice! I always hated going for Blaze Rods such a pain!

Also I didn't know that you could get enchanted swords now, that's very cool
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, just too bad that sword can only kill about 20 spiders before it's destroyed...  Gold items are pretty much just for show :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 17, 2012, 08:35:15 AM
Yeah, just too bad that sword can only kill about 20 spiders before it's destroyed...  Gold items are pretty much just for show :)

Use it destroy it and move on :D

At least until you can frame them on the wall, then you can show them off!
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Quote from: Thorin on September 16, 2012, 10:51:55 AM
Weird things:

Crafting table in the middle of the ocean: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1266/64/-10/max/0/0.  Found this when YellowBear was boating back to her house.  Apparently there's a whole single-wide tower under it.

Entrance to nowhere?  http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-904/64/-66/max/0/0.  I don't know where this goes..

Heh, those two might be my doing. I remember going by boat when it exploded and I had no spare on me. The entrance to nowhere I'm not so sure about, but I don't think it leads to anywhere special.

Pants

Update on my blaze farm.  I'm probably 80% complete.

All of the pistons and such are in place, but I still need to work most of the wiring.  I've ditched the dispenser idea in favour of a piston crusher.  It's an Etho design and it's what I used the last time I made one of these.  I'm at the point now that I have to knock out all of the dirt blocks to make it active, then add the lava for an on/off switch.  This is the tricky part.

Tom

Quote from: Pants on September 17, 2012, 09:05:09 PM
Update on my blaze farm.  I'm probably 80% complete.

All of the pistons and such are in place, but I still need to work most of the wiring.  I've ditched the dispenser idea in favour of a piston crusher.  It's an Etho design and it's what I used the last time I made one of these.  I'm at the point now that I have to knock out all of the dirt blocks to make it active, then add the lava for an on/off switch.  This is the tricky part.
At least you won't have any trouble finding lava.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Wow, looks pretty nice, actually.  I thought you said you built for function, not form?  The only thing I can suggest is some kind of arch near the entrance, or something, or maybe a sandstone path leading up the entrance?  Just to get some bright colour in there?  Oh, or maybe make a couple of "supports", since it looks like a top-heavy tower at the moment (I know, in Minecraft things don't topple, so it'd just be for show).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Pants

Quote from: Tom on September 17, 2012, 10:14:08 PM
At least you won't have any trouble finding lava.

Nope!  Lava is in place.

I'm having some problems with my Blaze farm now.  I'm not sure what is wrong.  I'm 100% sure that the redstone wiring is fine, but as Blazes are spawning within the farm they are aggroing on me.  They shouldn't be, because I'm pretty sure the thing is totally covered and they have no line of sight.  It should be totally workable now, but for some reason the Blazes aren't behaving like they should.