Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I always look in the background of pictures to see what interesting things I can see.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

On a dark and noisy Tekkit night
A factory silent in the dark
But a lever pulled and redstone sparks
And things are bathed in brilliant light

Woo yeah! I learnt about panels and covers and cutting blocks with diamond saws!

:dance:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Shadows + Water Shader Mods = Wow!!

First off the download link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-125sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-glsl-shaders-dynamic-shadows-more/

Installation is relatively easy, requires OptiFine

BEHOLD!

Not seen is the water which looks waaaaaaaaay better than the other shader I had before. Torches flicker in the dark too, it's really nice.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wow, those nice long shadows look cool!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 15, 2012, 10:05:14 AM
Wow, those nice long shadows look cool!

You should see it in game! Your character and NPCs have a shadow that moves with them, the wind blows the leaves, it's just gravy man

Also it makes things a little more contrasty and I'm not sure as I only played with it for a while but it seems to add volumetric effects to the air/water.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wow, the kids have been busy building!  I'm pretty sure this is all done by YellowBear_, LadyLeenie, stormey494, gizmo883, and toothless1011.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Whoa, looks nice!!

I've been busy myself :)

I furnished the apartment block, there are individual suites now on all 6 floors, including amenities.

I've added a restaurant, a jewelry store and a quaint old house. I've also connected a few roads, the next step is building the suburbs.

(also I love this new shader)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2012, 08:42:48 AM
Wow, the kids have been busy building!  I'm pretty sure this is all done by YellowBear_, LadyLeenie, stormey494, gizmo883, and toothless1011.
Do you always see those lines on overviewer? What about google maps? I've never seen that before :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Whose house is this?

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/443/64/223/max/0/0

I ask because I was planning on building a mall in this area and I want to know if they oppose construction :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on October 20, 2012, 09:51:39 AM
Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2012, 08:42:48 AM

Do you always see those lines on overviewer? What about google maps? I've never seen that before :o

I've been seeing those lines for a while now, yes.  Dunno when it started exactly.  I do not see them on Google Maps.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 20, 2012, 10:12:09 AM
Whose house is this?

I ask because I was planning on building a mall in this area and I want to know if they oppose construction :D

Absolutely no idea.  When I looked at the actual location in Overviewer, I don't know of anyone building in that area other than Tom.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Oh, and the lines sometimes appear, sometimes not.  Sometimes they disappear when I change the zoom setting, either in or out.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 20, 2012, 10:12:09 AM
Whose house is this?

Looks like an old cabin I made while exploring.... Feel free to re-zone it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on October 20, 2012, 01:16:22 PMLooks like an old cabin I made while exploring.... Feel free to re-zone it.

Cool thanks! I will probably break ground on Romeo Memorial Shopping Centre later this week :D

Now if there was only a non cheaty way to get a zombie spawner running
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 20, 2012, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on October 20, 2012, 01:16:22 PMLooks like an old cabin I made while exploring.... Feel free to re-zone it.

Cool thanks! I will probably break ground on Romeo Memorial Shopping Centre later this week :D

Now if there was only a non cheaty way to get a zombie spawner running
absolute crap load of pistons? or maybe just a few? and replace them... Or do they not move with pistons anymore?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!