Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Man that's an awesome looking castle.  Too bad I've been driving all over hell for sports this weekend, I would've loved to have joined in the building.

An' yeah, that was me trying to build a piston elevator.  I'm thinking of building a sky train and want an automated up/down mechanism to get to the platform.  That piston elevator works okay but not great.  I had to try out how it worked in SMP, as the timing's a bit off due to lag sometimes.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

thanks man I'm thinking once we get the new version of minecraft we can use command blocks to teleport around the map
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 10, 2012, 09:28:04 PM
thanks man I'm thinking once we get the new version of minecraft we can use command blocks to teleport around the map

I was going to surprise people with it, but I was thinking of installing this mod.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on November 10, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

I was going to surprise people with it, but I was thinking of installing this mod.

if only it was fully compatible with Optifine!

but otherwise very cool :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 11, 2012, 08:24:27 AM
Quote from: Tom on November 10, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

if only it was fully compatible with Optifine!

but otherwise very cool :-)
I was probably going to leave the see-through-ness of the portals off, since it can cause some pretty awful lag when they are left on,

Thorin

Hey, I like the idea of command blocks to teleport around.  We could make Transmat Shacks, a set of matching buildings that when you enter you know you can travel from X to Y.  Are we required to be mods to have a command block teleport us?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 11, 2012, 10:59:49 AM
Hey, I like the idea of command blocks to teleport around.  We could make Transmat Shacks, a set of matching buildings that when you enter you know you can travel from X to Y.  Are we required to be mods to have a command block teleport us?
You only need to be in creative to set up the command block. Otherwise it'll act on any player.

Thorin

Command blocks are cool!  http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutorials/Command_Block

We could set up a transparent teleport when you walk through a door, allowing a "pocket dimension" AKA something that's bigger on the inside than the outside.

TTTTT  AA   RRR   DDD   III   SS
  T   A  A  R  R  D  D   I   S
  T   AAAA  RRR   D  D   I    S
  T   A  A  R  R  D  D   I     S
  T   A  A  R  R  DDD   III  SS
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Hmm do command blocks only work in the adventure mode?

I know you can flag blocks as non destroyable in adventure mode does that carry over if switched back to survival?

I am not a big fan of required client side mods, since it creates more setup work with upgrades. I like the sound of using control blocks to teliport.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on November 11, 2012, 01:34:51 PM
Hmm do command blocks only work in the adventure mode?

I know you can flag blocks as non destroyable in adventure mode does that carry over if switched back to survival?

I am not a big fan of required client side mods, since it creates more setup work with upgrades. I like the sound of using control blocks to teliport.
Command blocks work just fine in any mode. You just have to be in creative mode to actually program them.

As for client side mods, we're adding them anyhow. Dropping another mod in a folder isn't going to make anything harder. Also I really really want to play with arial faith plates, maybe have a few turrets, and use the portal gun to pick stuff up. Need to capture a cow? pick it up with the gun.

Thorin

Well some of us do have client-side mods that might not be compatible, also we'd need to find a good way to announce, advertise, and distribute the modpack since there are kids on the server that probably won't know how to mod their clients.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 11, 2012, 02:53:30 PM
Well some of us do have client-side mods that might not be compatible, also we'd need to find a good way to announce, advertise, and distribute the modpack since there are kids on the server that probably won't know how to mod their clients.
As I mentioned before, I'd setup a dropbox folder with a nice zip of the entire thing. unzip and run.

But what client side mods would be so incompatible that things just wouldn't work? I know that optifine can cause some rendering issues, but it does that anyway, even without other mods installed.

Thorin

I use Rei's Minimap, Zombe's Modpack, ConvenientInventory, OptiFine.  I used to use Journeymap and hope it gets updated someday soon.

What happens with these various mods we're planning to add if the client doesn't have them installed?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 11, 2012, 04:58:52 PM
I use Rei's Minimap, Zombe's Modpack, ConvenientInventory, OptiFine.  I used to use Journeymap and hope it gets updated someday soon.
I can just add them to the pack. I was thinking of adding Rei's Minimap and CI anyhow.

Quote from: Thorin on November 11, 2012, 04:58:52 PM
What happens with these various mods we're planning to add if the client doesn't have them installed?
The client can't connect. But that was the idea of making a pack for people to download and use. No one but me has to worry about it.

If the FTB launcher was more complete, I'd use that, since it'll eventually support letting people make custom mod packs. Which is /awesome/. For now I'll host our own custom pack and everyone will have to use that.

Thorin

I also use MagicLauncher to start My Mining Experience, and run from a custom location.  But once I see the modpack, I'll see how I can adjust it to fit my Experience :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful