Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 11, 2012, 05:22:41 PM
I also use MagicLauncher to start My Mining Experience, and run from a custom location.  But once I see the modpack, I'll see how I can adjust it to fit my Experience :)
Without the FTB launcher, I'd just have the normal structure, with all the normal files, in addition to the mods folder.

If the FTB launcher was complete enough to make custom packs with it, you wouldn't need Magic Launcher :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I know I'm kind of flopping on this issue but I'm with Lazy I think, keep it simple/stupid/vanilla.

My main concern is patching or rather getting hung up waiting on modpacks to patch so we can patch our server.

I really like the idea of using command blocks as quick travel! Especially if we have a central point that can take us to various places and back, that would be very cool
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 12, 2012, 11:44:05 AM
I know I'm kind of flopping on this issue but I'm with Lazy I think, keep it simple/stupid/vanilla.

My main concern is patching or rather getting hung up waiting on modpacks to patch so we can patch our server.

I really like the idea of using command blocks as quick travel! Especially if we have a central point that can take us to various places and back, that would be very cool
If you mean the FTB pack, we're not waiting on it. We're waiting on me to actually do the work to upgrade.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2012, 12:17:11 PM

If you mean the FTB pack, we're not waiting on it. We're waiting on me to actually do the work to upgrade.

No I mean if a new version launches and creates compatibility problems with mods we'll all have to wait :-)

Also I don't want to lose stuff like I did with the Crafting Table Mk II in Tekkit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 12, 2012, 02:01:49 PM
Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2012, 12:17:11 PM

No I mean if a new version launches and creates compatibility problems with mods we'll all have to wait :-)

Also I don't want to lose stuff like I did with the Crafting Table Mk II in Tekkit
Ah well, there are better alternatives to that. And much less buggy as well. the Mk II/III was a hack added by tekkit, which never worked all that well, and they never bothered to fix.

So no one wants any mods anymore?

Though its going to be tough to find incompatibilities since all of the main mod authors play on the same testing server regularly testing out their mods before releasing them. (also where they test the FTB pack tbh).

Mr. Analog

Whatever is the fastest track to updates is what I'll vote for haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I think what Mr. A. is trying to say is 1.4.2 is out and he has the itch :)

Teleport huts would negate the need to have EnderStorage chests, as we could move about the map quicker.  Teleport huts could be put together without client-side mods.  I'm with Lazy and Mr. A. on keeping the clients clutter-free, as I don't want to become the tech support for my sons' and daughters' friends on the server.

Also, I think this needs to be said: Thank you Tom for keeping a server running for us to play on!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

If we can skip the mods and such, I can probably upgrade the server sooner rather than later. Maybe tonight, maybe not. I still have a bit of work to do.

Pants

Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2012, 02:47:25 PM

I haven't played on the server for awhile, simply because I wanted to play 1.4.x to enjoy the new stuff.  I upgraded and do not plan to downgrade.

I also want to play 100% Vanilla.  I don't mind the "behind the scenes" stuff that doesn't affect gameplay though.

Tom

Quote from: Pants on November 12, 2012, 07:56:41 PM

I haven't played on the server for awhile, simply because I wanted to play 1.4.x to enjoy the new stuff.  I upgraded and do not plan to downgrade.

I also want to play 100% Vanilla.  I don't mind the "behind the scenes" stuff that doesn't affect gameplay though.
If there were mods, you wouldn't have to use them ;)

But yeah, its looking like no mods.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2012, 08:16:12 PM

Well no client side mods...

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on November 12, 2012, 08:31:49 PM
Quote from: Tom on November 12, 2012, 08:16:12 PM

Well no client side mods...
The good mods are both server and client mods. I'm not talking about bukkit plugins. Just forge mods.

Thorin

Got me a bit of a mine going by the Taj Moo Hal, 100x100 or so: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1450/64/-242/-1/0/1  It's only one layer so far (which covers four Y layers).

Oh, and there's a vertical shaft from the Taj Moo Hal workshop (where all the chests and furnaces are) leading straight down to this mine, and at the bottom are a bunch more chests.  I have 5 or so stacks fo iron, a stack and a half of diamonds, and a stack of gold, along with untold stacks of cobble, some dirt, and lots of coal.  Feel free to use any or all of it as you see fit for the Taj Moo Hal area.

I also fed over forty cows and a couple of pigs, so there should be a bunch more mooing going on!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Very cool! So find many goodies?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Uh, diamonds, gold, iron, lotsa coal and redstone, lapis, a couple of lava lakes that almost killed me, and a huge amount of experience that let me enchant two more picks at top level.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful