Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So I did some more mining tonight, as you can see here: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1472/64/-285/-2/0/1, and I've got more gold and diamonds and iron and lapis lazuli and obsidian than I know what to do with.  So I built the Throne of Moo Hal!

After that I decided to go around and feed all the cows and sheep and pigs so that they would breed, this took a while.  But we have lots of cows now, and I lured them away from the water and towards safer pastures.  I took a couple of screenshots of just one of the herds now roaming the rolling hills of Moo Hal.

I tried to get the pigs to breed, but apparently they don't respond to wheat anymore.  What do they respond to?  Carrots!  Carrots can be found in NPC villages and as rare drops from zombies.  Well, Melbosa's zombie grinder is just across the pond, so I went there and killed some zombies until I got carrots (I actually got potatoes first, apparently zombies drop those, too).  Then I set about growing a whole bunch of carrots and potatoes, using the tons of bonemeal we had saved up at the Taj Moo Hal.

Oh, and there is now an anvil in the little brick house in the Castle of Moo Hal.

All in all, a fun night!

(more screenshots in next post)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

carrot and potato screenshots...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Nothing fancy, just something I saw in a video today that I wanted to try. The most annoying thing about it? Getting redstone signal to go down in a non crappy way.

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Holy moly, you guys were busy!! I couldn't even get close to a computer really yesterday.

Got a lot of catching up to do :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 03, 2012, 07:40:08 AM
Holy moly, you guys were busy!! I couldn't even get close to a computer really yesterday.

Got a lot of catching up to do :D
Don't worry I didn't do it yesterday. Did it this morning.... man I'm tired. three days in a row with less than 6-8 hours sleep. Why in the heck do I do this to myself >:(

Mr. Analog

It's not easy to get in a rhythm but it's so important.

I try to go to bed no later than 11 on weeknights and get up at 6.

I'm finally back into a normal pattern, was going through a lot of stress in Oct/Nov and I know that knocks me out of whack
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 03, 2012, 02:39:05 AM
Nothing fancy, just something I saw in a video today that I wanted to try. The most annoying thing about it? Getting redstone signal to go down in a non crappy way.

Took me a sec to figure out what you'd done there, then I realized you're using pistons to push the sand up to break the sugar cane!  Interesting technique, most people put the pistons sideways instead of underneath.

I wish there was a way to auto-plant.  It's nice to be able to auto-harvest, but then you still have to go plant new stuff.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 03, 2012, 09:24:20 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 03, 2012, 02:39:05 AM

Took me a sec to figure out what you'd done there, then I realized you're using pistons to push the sand up to break the sugar cane!  Interesting technique, most people put the pistons sideways instead of underneath.

I wish there was a way to auto-plant.  It's nice to be able to auto-harvest, but then you still have to go plant new stuff.
I realized after that with cane, I could put them sideways and up one block to keep the bottom section planted. I may do that, but this works well enough.

Mr. Analog

In RedPower there is a Block Breaker and a Deployer which would do what you want, you could load two Deployers up, one with seeds, the other with bonemeal and then use the Block Breaker to harvest. Set them up with a simple redstone clock and you could make crazy amounts of wheat!

I quite like RedPower...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Gentlemen! I give you Central Teleport Terminal

I did go into creative mode to put the glass on the peak in the middle but otherwise 100% locally sourced and crafted materials!

THANK YOU FOR DISABLING CREEPER EXPLOSIONS
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2012, 09:48:06 PM
Wow, looks amazing!

Thanks man! I'm really proud of this one.

Also if you want to leave the floor at the current level I added steps down (I moved the chest to the side and put away the ovens)

I figure we can work on the interior together!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I like the way the stone and stone brick stand out from each other, that's really nice.  And the giant window make it look really airy!  I'm thinking a nice bright floor, maybe even sandstone?  I'm gonna leave the Tele-Portals in red brick, though, just because that's their calling card.  I'll build 'em up against the walls more, although I'm not sure how well they'll fit under the windows.  I might even just move the command block down, although then the button will have to be down by people's feet.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I like the sense of space too, it's even better when you're in there, I do like the idea of sandstone slabs, that'd look really good.

I also like the idea of retaining the bricks, especially if they end up like booths or pavilions in the main building.

I'm going to have a central kiosk with an Ender chest in it, I think you left some obsidian in the chest so I may use that (if that's ok) to craft one.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, feel free to use any obsidian in any of my chests.  I have three or four stacks (damn lava lakes!).  And yes, the idea for the Tele-Portals is to be like pavilions (booths would have a door, wouldn't they) where you go and push the button.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful