Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Grand Central Station (or Terminal, your choice) with some nice bright flooring and lighting just far enough apart...  The first in Sphax, the second in default texture pack.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

OH man, lookin' good!

There are also gravel paths, nicely done!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Needs some lighting upgrades to match the look of the buildings.

Thorin

Yah, we need some netherbrick fence, make posts say three blocks high then a glowstone block on top, and spaced a little differently maybe.  And maybe some glowstone in the floor.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Already on it, I will be adding chandeliers today.

I guess I'll be going to the nether again haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

How does light from chandeliers work, by the way?  What lighting levels do we end up with on the floor?  I might just get online after you hang them and then check light levels with this mod I have as part of Zombe's mod pack.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

The main thing the chandeliers will prevent is mobs spawning in the air

We'll still need torches/glowstone on the floor area.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I fixed some stuff around Lazy's place:

-Fixed up a villager spawning party house
-Spawned some villagers
-Plugged some leaks in the railway
-Removed hovering trees
-Filled TNT holes
-Added a mushroom growing room

Added a warning for other griefers!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 12, 2012, 09:31:18 PM
I fixed some stuff around Lazy's place:
<snip>
Added a warning for other griefers!
I like it :D

I've left a little scarecrow of my own at the bottom of my mine :D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Ooh I did some more

I've got Minecraft fever again!

I built the ticket/information/storage booth

I crafted some more redstone lamps

AND I crafted some clocks! 'Cause what kind of transit hub doesn't have clocks?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Man, that all looks so freakin' cool!  I slept last night, instead of crafting and mining, 14 hours.  Kinda weird for me.  I love that giant chandelier over the ticket booth, and ha ha, Mush Room :P
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Haha, thanks, I was in the zone last night.

Those teleporters are a godsend, I was able to zip around the map and get all the material I needed (leather, gold, redstone, etc)

Oh and this morning I started working on my dockyard (now with cargo!)
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/482/64/-191/max/0/0

Also it is somewhat sobering to see my first building on this server compared to my latest building on this server (in that I could fit it inside there with no problem!)... I've learnt and built so much since January... hard to believe it hasn't been a year.
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-4/64/27/max/0/0

I remember the very first creeper hole... and the fact that I couldn't fix it because I wasn't Opped.

Also, the overviewer is working ... YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What I love about the teleporters is that it's equal access whether you're an Op or not - teleporting has been in the game for quite a while, but I never thought it fair if I /tped somewhere but everyone else has to run there (cart there, swim there, nether-shortcut there).

Yay for overviewer working!

Hey, so...  How's that cargo gonna get picked up by those cranes?  Or are there cargo-moving trucks that swing them over to the front side of the dock?  Or should I just shut up now? :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 13, 2012, 12:49:36 PM
What I love about the teleporters is that it's equal access whether you're an Op or not - teleporting has been in the game for quite a while, but I never thought it fair if I /tped somewhere but everyone else has to run there (cart there, swim there, nether-shortcut there).

Yay for overviewer working!

Hey, so...  How's that cargo gonna get picked up by those cranes?  Or are there cargo-moving trucks that swing them over to the front side of the dock?  Or should I just shut up now? :)
Frames.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Trucks, if you go to the location you can see where the boxes get loaded off the boat that's not there to the trucks I haven't built.
By Grabthar's Hammer