Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on August 24, 2013, 08:06:38 PM
for "a while"?  We only uncovered that end of the map three weeks ago when we had the mine-together event.  I didn't even see any evidence of mining last weekend, when I was scoping out that island.

I read the thread about the mine-together about a day after it happened and TPed over to check it out.  It was probably a couple of days later that I started mining there.  It's not too surprising you didn't notice it, as the entrance isn't out in the open, and the overviewer hadn't been updating for a while before then.

(P.S.  The entrance to my initial base is not where the tower is either)

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on August 24, 2013, 12:40:03 AM
I started my own little base of operations in the area: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/2890/64/787/max/0/0.  Got a nether portal and a mine entrance building, and dug down to level 12 for my mine.  now I'm tired and some other day I'll start digging up actual materials.

Jeebus, I have almost two stacks of diamond blocks, that's almost 16 stacks of diamonds!  All because I'm trying to find as much iron as possible...

So, started mining at my new base.  This is part of the map that has been newly generated since we started using 1.5.2.  I FOUND MY FIRST EMERALD!

And I've been collecting minerals the old-school way, by mining and mining and mining.  Here's how big my mine is thus far, 101x101: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/2855/64/706/-1/0/2

Lots of minerals, notice they're blocks not ingots.

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

That's a good sized mine!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hopped on the 1-6-ified server for a few minutes, got two nice new surprises!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

The baby zombies are supposed to be especially dangerous if they find a weapon.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on August 30, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

The baby zombies are supposed to be especially dangerous if they find a weapon.

They are TERRIFYING

Imagine dashing away from a clump of zombies only to have one or two of those still coming at you (it sucks!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Thorin

Aww, a zombie pigman!  How adorable!  Run, run before it EATS YOUR SOUL.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

A baby zombie pigman! aka: Zompigbaby.

Thorin

Sorry in advance about the large amount of map explored.  But horses only spawn on plains, and they're much more likely to spawn on new plains than old ones.  Hey, y'know what?  HORSES!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Man, I've done a lot of 1.6 stuff so far - got horses, made hay bales, fought hordes of monsters that are way tougher out in the wilderness, and finally played with stained hardened clay and carpets.  I built a little beach with a cabana and two towels, one yellow and one orange (it's the only colours of wool I had).

I think I made the cabana too big, 5x5.  I should've just made it 3x3
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Finally found a blaze spawner! Took a while. But here's what I've got so far from my little nether trip. I think I'm doing allright. Only thing left I want is some nether wart.

Thorin

Hmm, you have a lot of enchanted diamond things there :)  And a crapload of nether quartz...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 06, 2013, 12:12:11 AM
Hmm, you have a lot of enchanted diamond things there :)
Yeah, I have your skelli farm to thank for that :D one day when work was slowish, I spent a few minutes here and there killing skellies.

I've got a bunch more enchanted stuff sitting in my enchantment chest in my "tower" base. three really nice work picks, Eff III and Unbr IV. and some other random stuff, like a silk touch book, and whatnot.

Quote from: Thorin on September 06, 2013, 12:12:11 AM
  And a crapload of nether quartz...
Yeah, Fortune III really does wonders on nether quartz. But I had that much or more in the chest where I store it, I didn't actually have room for all of the new quartz :( but then I only gave it like three or four columns in a double chest. I'll have to do some re-organizing later.