Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Snowie0wl on January 15, 2014, 01:50:37 AM
Talk about not taking down your Christmas decorations in a timely manner :) Nice work.

However... did you just forget the dirt block by the last R or is it there for a reason?

Thanks, the message'll be there forever; there might be a 2014 sign as well, maybe with coloured glass.  The dirt block, I missed it, then noticed it, and just haven't gotten around to removing it.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Snowie0wl

Mission: Accomplished! Removed the stray dirt block.

Mr. Analog

The newly built International Hotel

Whether you're in Edge City for Work or Pleasure the International has everything you need:

• Comfortable Rooms
  • Free Continental Breakfast
  • Conference Halls

Conveniently located near the A Line in the Historic warehouse district with a panoramic view of the Edge City waterfront. The International Hotel welcomes YOU
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Nice, Mr. A!  That looks awesome!  Looks really good on the overviewer, too: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/344/64/-65/max/0/0, and reversed: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/310/64/-33/max/0/1
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Thanks! It was fun to get in some Minecraft over the last few days
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I've been wanting to Minecraft as well, but every time I have free time, I have the bah-rrrrain dammmage.  Also known as Tired Brain Disease.

How many damn rooms did ya put in there?  It looks like 40+ beds!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

There are 48 suites, 24 are single bed, 24 are double.

There is a lounge and a conference hall that could be sub-divided into two

I was doing a massive amount of tree farming and I've spent more than a week automatically smelting cobble while I work (oddly I didn't end up using as much as I thought and so there is enough left over for another build) then I spent several hours collecting wool for beds and carpet, I still had some from my other big build but the hardest part was the carpeting actually. Fortunately I had TONS of bones and ink sacs. The second hardest part was mining clay (thank god for that respiration helmet I have and the giant ocean next door)

The tricky bit with construction is I built it floor by floor and when the snow would come it would have to be removed. I have a diamond shovel that did the job but it was just time consuming and annoying so I started to toggle the weather off and on.

I did go into creative mode a few times to fix some stuff, it was late, I was tired lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wow, so 40+ was quite a low estimate...

You didn't just dye your sheep the colours you wanted for the wool?

And yeah, those respiration helmets sure help!  I've named mine 'SCUBA', since I can then fix it with an anvil every time it gets damaged, without the fixing costing more and more each time.

For snow removal, I think I would've just planted torches every second or third block and let that melt it, and then come back and remove 'em once the roof is up.

That build sure looks good, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

For a while I was running out of torches and had to start burning wood into charcoal, which meant chopping / planting more wood

I would have made pictures for all the rooms (rather than just the top floor) but I was starting to get low on wool and it was like 4 AM or something heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

We need some pictures of Usamot 2, aka "Planet Bob"
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on March 17, 2014, 01:30:12 PM
We need some pictures of Usamot 2, aka "Planet Bob"

Well here's where I'm doing my next build:

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I decided to take a break from mining and have started circumnavigating our continent.  Here are a few of the things I've seen:

A nice waterfall

First snow so far

An interesting rock formation

Awesome rock island

And the view from the top of it

Thorin

Nice!  Are those acacia trees by the waterfall?

You should install OptiFine and turn on Better Snow and Better Grass, then the snow will stay under tall grass and flowers and the like, and grass will come down the sides of blocks.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful