Destinations:

Another angle:

LennyLen

And the latest WIP shot of my current build:

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Welcome To: ANALOG INDUSTRIES

Located North of Spawnton these ULTRA MODERN facilities feature mining, tree farming, industrial grade smelting, hole digging, fishing, crevasse creation, glassworks, vertical shaft production, geothermal power and a process we call "HoleMation". Yes digging is the order of the day at ANALOG INDUSTRIES

Marvel at such OTHER NON-MINING features as:

• Automatic Lighting
  • FURNACES OF THE FUTURE
  • Spawn-B-Gone Flooring
  • The Top-Town Logging System (for men)
  • Ms. TreeDown LogTech (for women)
  • Curiously Stable Cobblestone Support Struts
  • Easy Access Pushbutton Doors
  • The Hole of Donkeys
  • Paved Roads AND MORE!

And while you're visiting the factory take some time to enjoy the quaint old bridge* for some fishing, or to admire the place where a beach used to be!

Step inside our factory won't you?**

*bridge schedule for demolition
**factory access restricted
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Damn you guys and your epic builds!

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 23, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

Quote from: Thorin on March 23, 2014, 09:14:03 PM
Yeah, holy cow...

Basically why I have no stored resources lol

When I get down to level 10 I plan on using an automated mine cart loading system that feeds item elevators to the smelting system.

I may try sorting if I can get enough iron, it requires a lot of hoppers to make an item sorter
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

Yeah, holy cow...

When I get down to level 10 I plan on using an automated mine cart loading system that feeds item elevators to the smelting system.

I may try sorting if I can get enough iron, it requires a lot of hoppers to make an item sorter
It's even worse if you use hoppers for item pipes! I did, and I should have used water instead I think. But you don't get glitches with hoppers.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 02:14:21 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

Yeah, holy cow...

It's even worse if you use hoppers for item pipes! I did, and I should have used water instead I think. But you don't get glitches with hoppers.

Droppers are cheap to make and can go in any direction, the only complexity is conveying the redstone pulse. I found a good tutorial for powering an item elevator.

Unfortunately for me my brain has been designing systems to do this even though I'm a long way from that system haha damn Minecraft!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've been seeing people make a really simple item elevator using glass (or slime) blocks and a single fence. My last big elevator used droppers pointed up and a lot of redstone which was actually pretty finicky to get to work properly. I think they both use up a similar amount of space.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 07:26:06 AM
I've been seeing people make a really simple item elevator using glass (or slime) blocks and a single fence. My last big elevator used droppers pointed up and a lot of redstone which was actually pretty finicky to get to work properly. I think they both use up a similar amount of space.

Check this out:

http://youtu.be/uwacj2M4SvU

And no noisy clock!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, mine is "similar" to that, but it used more resources (mainly in repeaters and comparators).

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 08:35:38 AM
Yeah, mine is "similar" to that, but it used more resources (mainly in repeaters and comparators).

Yep, so once I get down to about level 10 in the big dig I'm going to branch out my mine and I'm going to combine that with an chest minecart unloader and start laying rails down the main corridors of my new shafts and then just focus on mining and leave the delivery and smelting of resources up to the machines :)

I was reading that minecarts with hoppers might actually be better for this, they hold a lot less but go up to 85 blocks on a single redstone push? If that's the case then I don't mind trading capacity for frequency (and I bring the savings in gold to YOU the customer!)

:D

I have to start thinking of my next big build too, probably a house rather than a hovel (which I currently live in lol)

Actually on Sunday morning while I was not sleeping I came up with an idea for a 5 story brownstone with working room lights. The only thing I'm not sure about is where I'll find enough clay to make bricks as I understand mesa clay blocks can't be broken back into clay?
By Grabthar's Hammer