Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 08:47:38 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 08:35:38 AM
Yeah, mine is "similar" to that, but it used more resources (mainly in repeaters and comparators).

Yep, so once I get down to about level 10 in the big dig I'm going to branch out my mine and I'm going to combine that with an chest minecart unloader and start laying rails down the main corridors of my new shafts and then just focus on mining and leave the delivery and smelting of resources up to the machines :)

I was reading that minecarts with hoppers might actually be better for this, they hold a lot less but go up to 85 blocks on a single redstone push? If that's the case then I don't mind trading capacity for frequency (and I bring the savings in gold to YOU the customer!)

:D

I have to start thinking of my next big build too, probably a house rather than a hovel (which I currently live in lol)

Actually on Sunday morning while I was not sleeping I came up with an idea for a 5 story brownstone with working room lights. The only thing I'm not sure about is where I'll find enough clay to make bricks as I understand mesa clay blocks can't be broken back into clay?
I think the mesa also has raw clay in it. But I'm not certain. Stained Clay is hardened clay blocks that have been dyed.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

That's what I figured (nerts)

Hey where is your build on the server?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 08:51:32 AM
That's what I figured (nerts)

Hey where is your build on the server?
It is just south of spawn, in the mountain, just off the path. I'm not likely going to stay there though. Its far too close to spawn to be a proper "build" location. It's more of a starter camp/mine. I planted some trees in the area too.

DO NOT STEAL MY EMERALD >:(

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 12:31:32 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on March 23, 2014, 04:52:14 PM
Damn you guys and your epic builds!

Quote from: Thorin on March 23, 2014, 09:14:03 PM
Yeah, holy cow...

Basically why I have no stored resources lol

Heh, I'm the opposite, no giant build yet but my chests are bursting at the seams.

Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 08:54:34 AM
DO NOT STEAL MY EMERALD >:(

For instance, I've started storing my emeralds in blocks...

-----

I need a good idea for a big build.  I'm actually thinking of making a town in the hills or something, or maybe getting jungle trees and building a tree village.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

An Emerald to be had ehhh *twirls mustache*

Come, The Sneak, there's a Caper afoot!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

>:(
Watch out, I might have to wake up The Cheat. Maybe have a lightswitch rave.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 24, 2014, 07:21:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 24, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

>:(
Watch out, I might have to wake up The Cheat. Maybe have a lightswitch rave.

LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well, I finally got the exterior done and finished wiring up the redstone lamps (there's a sensor on the roof and it transmits down to redstone lamps to give the building the same floodlight effect it was designed with in 1967)

If the overviewer was updating you could see it here:
http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-184/64/-157/-1/0/0

This build ended up being much larger than predicted and I'm not happy with all the ratios yet oh well, something to take my mind off I guess
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Mr. Analog

Fraga this year was really good, I barely took time away from game playing for YouTube or even screenshots and stuff, really the only one that I took that wasn't to write down co-ords (damn Nether Fortress!) was this, where I'm in a boat taking mooshrooms water skiing

This is using Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders with 1.7.10 all I can is WOW
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I ... wha ... err ...  How did you get them to stay above the water like that?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

If you tether an animal and you are in a boat you can travel with them. Which is why you should always have a lead if you are riding a horse

FUNNY STORY at Fraga I finally hit a dungeon with some sweet loot in it INCLUDING my first saddle AND iron horse armor but there weren't any horses anywhere. Another player said they saw some "further south". I opened the map in MCEdit and it was miles and Miles and MILES away. A several (Minecraft) day journey at least
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I haven't played in a long time, but tonight finally decided screw it, I'm not gonna pass out in front of the TV, I'm going to build something!

So I built the first house in the City Of Tomorrow: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/94/64/-168/max/0/0
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

NICE!

Can't wait to see your next build!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer