Main Menu

Teleport Huts

Started by Thorin, December 05, 2012, 10:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

:)

When I was in Mootopia I had a couple of buckets, the rest of the ingredients were at Edge City so I figured what better way to say thanks :D

ALSO!!

Check out the message board :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well I got the main part of the Facade done this morning (I was a minin' last night)

I used SipsCo brand scaffolding to great effect.

I suspect we're gonna need some more glass, so bring sand if you got it :D

Without the roof on it's 16 blocks high, each large window (excluding the main window facing east) is 11 blocks high. I plan on having skylights as well probably in banks of 6 to 8.

I'll get the walls up first and I'll figure out the roof later.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Thanks very much!!

The only really tricky bit was I had to build ladders rather than use my usual way of getting down from high places (aka water) turns out in this wintery zone water turns into a brick lol

Normally I just nerd pole up with bricks and then waterslide down (whee!)

But ladders work too :D

Also the 16 block height is just about perfect, I can't wait to get the rest done (tonight maybe!)

I'll have to teleport to Mootopia and get some wool for the checkerboard floor :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That looks really nice!

Yeah, I don't like snow biomes, just because I don't like the snow covering everything all the time.  The landing pad freezing is an unfortunate side effect, too.

The main floor is going to line up with those door holes, right?  I'll have to lift the Tele-Portals up a few blocks then.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

That looks really good Mr A!

But I'm a tad worried about light levels. Do you think it'll be easy to keep it from being overrun by mobs at night? Redstone Lamps in the floor perhaps?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2012, 09:35:24 AM
That looks really nice!

Yeah, I don't like snow biomes, just because I don't like the snow covering everything all the time.  The landing pad freezing is an unfortunate side effect, too.

The main floor is going to line up with those door holes, right?  I'll have to lift the Tele-Portals up a few blocks then.

Thanks brotha! It was a lot of fun designing the exterior (so far, lots left to do :D)

Yeah the floor is going to be raised two blocks, so ... I know you wanted to move stuff anyway. Likely what I will do is complete everything but the floor and we can sort out where stuff is going.

Quote from: Tom on December 10, 2012, 09:49:04 AM
That looks really good Mr A!

But I'm a tad worried about light levels. Do you think it'll be easy to keep it from being overrun by mobs at night? Redstone Lamps in the floor perhaps?

Thanks man! yeah I'm thinking it will be bright enough, I'll be adding chandeliers to keep light levels up in the ceiling and there will be a lot of torches / glowstone around the interior.

If you look how they light Grand Central Terminal you'll see they have lamp posts inside the building, I may do them like the shorter version of the light standards in Edge City with white wool and torches or glowstone blocks. I'll see what looks good once I get the floor in.

We'll work it out :)

Edit: IF ONLY fences conducted redstone!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Or just load it up with ocelots and iron golems :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wow, you're really building!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I know hey!

I was really mining last night too
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

As for your edit about redstone transmission, I'd say just put in glowstone and leave it lit all day and all night.

edit: glowstone is a pain in the butt to get!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I found a nice big clump of it in a nether cave...

SCORE!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

If we had villagers, we could start trading with them for it...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Villager prices are UNREASONABLY EXPENSIVE

<squidward voice>Hey Spongebob wanna buy some wooden planks? 80 emeralds! Ah-hah! Ah-hah! Ah-haaaaaaah!</squidward voice>
By Grabthar's Hammer