Mincraft on the XBOX

Started by Melbosa, March 22, 2012, 10:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1221287p1.html

Not sure, but I think it is stand-alone with split screen support by this article's description.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Minecraft-Xbox-360-Edition/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111f7?cid=majornelson

Not interested my self as I haven't seen  any indication it is compatible with PC servers.

However some of the MS avatar junk you can get is interesting.

Beat me by seconds on posting this... merged topics..

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Still cheaper than the PC version....
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 22, 2012, 11:45:46 AM
Still cheaper than the PC version....

http://thewrongadvices.com/2007/03/05/xbox-live-points-converter/
1600 points = $24.80 CAD

www.minecraft.net $26.95

Not a huge difference, but then again the xbox version has given up server compatibility to offer split screen / an xbox specific system for mulch-player... I would say the PC version is more valuable.

Tom

I was at superstore today browsing around waiting for a prescription to be filled, and stopped by the electronics section.. They still want $300+ ($400 for one special version) for a 360 with a hard drive. I don't get it. How is the 250G variant so much more expensive than the one with 4G "Go" flash. That one was like $130-160 or something. Boggles the mind.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

*shrug* all I know is that the convenience of loading games on to the hard drive is still fairly palpable for me...

The 250 GB is $300 new at EB (Gamestop?), unless you're going for the Kinect there really isn't much point to buying any other version really.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The XBOX 360 Slim 4GB is (was?) $130 on special at Best Buy.  Is this enough storage to download games and keep them locally?  Or, if you're playing XBLA games, do you have to re-download them every time you want to play?  That's the real question, and the reason I would opt for the 250GB version ($300).

Also, they're still that price because people will still buy them for that price.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Or see if you can get someone to give you the attached deal for $250 (4GB hard drive plus 320GB hard drive for fifty bucks less than the 250GB model?  WTH?)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Mainly downloading the disc iso (or whatever format MS uses), having the extra drive space comes in handy when you want to download your most-played games for faster/quieter access.

It DOES come in handy though if you do download a significant number of games or videos through XBL/netflix.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hah, just checked Futureshop.ca and that's their regular price for those items.  Stupid FS/BB, competing with each other when they have the same parent company!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Well it's still good for the consumer then :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Eeeehhhh. Really didn't want to spend $250+ on an xbox. But what can you do. I'd also need to get a decent TV.. and potentially a new receiver since this one doesn't do hdmi... I do have a cheap hdmi switch which would work for now, in addition to any new TV having more than one hdmi input. But man I really don't want to buy a new tv just yet. While I can technically afford it. I want to pay off my creditcards and put some money away.

Lazybones

1. Rumor mill has it that there will be another xbox 360 revision made, if this is true there will be a big sale on Xbox systems.
2. You will want / need a bigger or better TV to enjoy most xbox titles since txt and menus are mostly optimized for highdef TV, they are almost impossible to read on an old TV.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 23, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
1. Rumor mill has it that there will be another xbox 360 revision made, if this is true there will be a big sale on Xbox systems.
2. You will want / need a bigger or better TV to enjoy most xbox titles since txt and menus are mostly optimized for highdef TV, they are almost impossible to read on an old TV.
Or a small one. All I have right now is a 24" LCD computer monitor. 1080p, from 10+ feet away.