Main Menu

Stolen Items

Started by Melbosa, March 26, 2012, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Do we have a complete list of players somewhere yet?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

If you switch to a white list then I suggest having the block message point to the forums if possible.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 26, 2012, 02:47:06 PM
If you switch to a white list then I suggest having the block message point to the forums if possible.
I'll keep a closer look at the server log and see if strange people are joining. If so I may enable the whitelist.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Mel did you get your gear back?

Is anyone else missing anything?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Nope nothing "popped" back.  I was missing the following:

• 24xCoal Stacks of 64
  • 22xRed Dust Stacks of 64

I have since put in some measures to make sure doors close and are not so accessible.  We'll see if this is all resolved today.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

It is possible we were griefed. I haven't noticed anything lately. The past couple days have only been us connecting. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

But any mod can spawn that back in for you. Especially considering the insane amount of work that took.

Melbosa

There was an "Ace" something on last night.  Jumped out as soon as jumped in.

Mr. Analog

Hmm I'll keep an eye out...

Also it sounds like the give command maxes out at 64 items I'll have to look it up again
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So do we have a whitelist in place?  And are people still losing stuff?  And why is there a giant yellow A on the moose now?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 02, 2012, 01:32:11 PM
So do we have a whitelist in place?  And are people still losing stuff?  And why is there a giant yellow A on the moose now?
No whitelist, and I haven't heard about any more lost stuff... And I assume the A stands for Allefant.

Lazybones

Mr. A and I where discussing the Idea of a vault / bank made of bedrock (admin spawned) as a safe place to store valuables... It would be a complex project with red stone that is for sure but it can be done on a non-modded server this way and be mostly safe.

Melbosa

I have not had any problems since the initial myself.

Tom

Some mod to add protected chests might make more sense. Or just build yourself a hidden bank of chests some place. Some sticky pistons and some sneaky way of activating them, and noone will know they are there :)

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2012, 01:56:33 PM
Some mod to add protected chests might make more sense. Or just build yourself a hidden bank of chests some place. Some sticky pistons and some sneaky way of activating them, and noone will know they are there :)

But that is so much less cool that a really complex fortress style bank vault with traps!

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on April 02, 2012, 02:11:12 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2012, 01:56:33 PM

But that is so much less cool that a really complex fortress style bank vault with traps!
Quite. You're all free to do whatever you want ;)