Server Mod: EnderStorage?

Started by Thorin, June 04, 2012, 03:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

After looking at the Ender Chests and drooling over transporting materiel to other players without having to travel, I found EnderStorage: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1160665-125mods-quiddity-modding/

What do you guys think?  Is this one we might want to install on our server?  It requires blaze rods, obsidian, wool, and a chest to craft.  The chests can have a three-color code set on top, and only other chests with the same color code link to the same inventory.  We could make white-white-white the default for sharing across the server?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

what happens to the chests if the mod is removed (or breaks)?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Given the massive changes being revealed each week, I am not sure ANY mods will be a good idea in the short term... However it is a nice mod.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No strawberry and chocolate? :(  But I _like_ Neapolitan!

No but seriously, any idea when 1.3 will be out?  I only suggested this one because it seemed like a simple mod, I don't know how long until the new version, and I'm sick of running for 15 minutes actual time just to go visit my buddies.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 04, 2012, 04:10:25 PM
No strawberry and chocolate? :(  But I _like_ Neapolitan!

No but seriously, any idea when 1.3 will be out?  I only suggested this one because it seemed like a simple mod, I don't know how long until the new version, and I'm sick of running for 15 minutes actual time just to go visit my buddies.

Does it take that long using the portals?

Mr. Analog

The portals are getting disjointed and confusing, I'm not sure why a portal in the nether wart farm is better than the one in the middle of the room. I added some signs, but it's still a bit weird.

Also I had to poke a hole back to the ladder leading to the bunker, that's the fast track to a hidden rail and a tunnel to a nether fortress. I put a trap door there.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 04, 2012, 04:19:12 PM
The portals are getting disjointed and confusing, I'm not sure why a portal in the nether wart farm is better than the one in the middle of the room. I added some signs, but it's still a bit weird.

Also I had to poke a hole back to the ladder leading to the bunker, that's the fast track to a hidden rail and a tunnel to a nether fortress. I put a trap door there.

1. the center room portal randomly fed to another new portal someone created, that then chained off to another portal tool close.. we have a random chain of portals too close. The one in the wart farm is more x/z alined to the over-world to avoid the conflict and provide stable travel (best match wins at time of transport)

2. Ya closed that off when moving it up, didn't know there was another use for that area... was just getting pissed off trying to sort out the portals.

Tom

I think the UTA needs to demolish its current portal system, and rebuild. as in all portals come down so they stop interfering.

I could go in with world edit and just delete all existing portals  >:D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on June 04, 2012, 06:41:22 PM
I think the UTA needs to demolish its current portal system, and rebuild. as in all portals come down so they stop interfering.

But that would destroy my exploratory Portals that I have already built :(... that was a lot of work on my part and I'm sure Lenny wouldn't want his connection to the spawn location severed either.

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on June 04, 2012, 07:00:23 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 04, 2012, 06:41:22 PM

But that would destroy my exploratory Portals that I have already built :(... that was a lot of work on my part and I'm sure Lenny wouldn't want his connection to the spawn location severed either.
It wasn't even a remotely serious suggestion ;) but the current portals should probably be organized a bit better. To stop all of the cross linking that tends to happen.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on June 04, 2012, 07:07:43 PM
It wasn't even a remotely serious suggestion ;) but the current portals should probably be organized a bit better. To stop all of the cross linking that tends to happen.

I did rip down my own portal to stop that from happening.  There may be one still NW of spawn in a Stone and Glass house that I think one of the other guys built.

Thorin

It would be a good idea to record the x/z coords of every portal in the nether and every portal in the overworld.  That would then give us a list of portals to fix.

Quote from: Lazybones on June 04, 2012, 04:11:27 PM
I'm sick of running for 15 minutes actual time just to go visit my buddies.

Does it take that long using the portals?
[/quote]

I don't even know where the portals are, and if I did, I don't know how they connect.  I would _love_ a portal at everyone's home base with a web of tunnels through the nether that connect them all, and all portals in the nether being at exactly the same height so no one has to go up or down with any of them.  I don't see that happening any time soon, given your frustrations with them.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on June 04, 2012, 09:44:57 PM
I don't even know where the portals are, and if I did, I don't know how they connect.  I would _love_ a portal at everyone's home base with a web of tunnels through the nether that connect them all, and all portals in the nether being at exactly the same height so no one has to go up or down with any of them.  I don't see that happening any time soon, given your frustrations with them.

Most of the portals are at the same level in the Nether, save a few.  I've labelled most I could to make sense in relation to the previous portal or real world locations.  It really isn't that confusing once you get to know them.... although that being said I have not found or traveled through them all.

Mr. Analog

I'm still kind of bummed that THE FIRST portal had to go, good times that first few ventures in, unprotected...
By Grabthar's Hammer