My NetheRail Network

Started by LennyLen, June 06, 2012, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

I've just gone through the process of digging up and relaying most of my tracks and tunnels so that they are all at one height (y = 64).  For the moment, The section of the track from The Farm to Nordvang has been glassed and is safe from pigmen spawning.  I still need to glass the section from Spawn City to The Farm and from Nordvang to the Hello Usamot sign.

Mr. Analog

If you need glass I can make some, I have a good sized stockpile of sand
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That must've been a bit of work.  Is that the new standard height in the Nether, then?  Would make sense...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 06, 2012, 01:45:45 PM
If you need glass I can make some, I have a good sized stockpile of sand

Thanks, but I have enough sand.  It's free time I don't have too much of.

Quote from: Thorin on June 06, 2012, 05:45:02 PM
That must've been a bit of work.  Is that the new standard height in the Nether, then?  Would make sense...

I did it over a few days, but it probably took about six hours.   As for y = 64 being a new standard, it's the height I had decided on even before it had been brought up here, as it's the height most of my portals are close to, and it's a good number. ;)

Thorin

Yeah, most of us don't have enough free time to do the builds we want to do in Minecraft...  If only there were more than 24 hours in day, then we could fit in jobs, significant others, _and_ play time easier.

I looked at the overviewer map and it kinda looks like the passages in the nether are floating in the air.  Is that just an artifact brought on by the overviewer?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, when viewing the Nether it's sometimes better to switch to "cave view"
By Grabthar's Hammer