Minecraft Weekend

Started by Mr. Analog, June 07, 2012, 06:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, looks like the weather is gonna be @%&#ty this weekend, you know what that means!

GAMES!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I hear ya!  'cept I've got lots of things to do this weekend: two kids have their birthdays, one kid is in a lacrosse tournament, there's gymnastics and a ringette practice, and iLLian's getting married and we were invited.

So I can't see myself getting in more than 12 hours of Minecraft this weekend.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well, it's busier than nothing, but it's not what I consider a super-busy weekend - we don't need to drop kids at a rink and leave them there to fend for themselves due to overlapping activities, or anything.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Fair enough...

I have a couple of big builds planned this weekend, I finally have a door design I like.

I also wanna build a submarine, it's a pity that Notch never got 'round to actually making boats work.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Submarine, that's cool!  Yeah, too bad it'll be stationary, imagine if we could have floating balloons and stuff like that which actually moved.

Also, boats work, they take you places.  Just make sure you have wood with you to get back!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

From a Notch tweet about a year+ ago there was talk of being able to build large boat structures in water and sail them around.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Ah, that would be way cooler.  You'd need some kind of propelling block, and then code for blocks to check if they're touching water below and if they are to allow slippage like ice.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

If I recall at one point they were working on wind or something that you could harness as motive force, but yeah, they really need an "engine" block.

I want airships without mods dammit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Airships!  Airships would be cool!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Well, I hope to be playing Friday night, starting around 9:30pm MDT, and Saturday night, maybe around 8pm MDT.  We'll see if it happens, though; kids and wife might want my attention.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Yay, got my portals built!  I now have a portal at Frontier Hotel, at the XP Farm, and at Sky Castle.  And they're linked with passages in the Nether (and there's a connection to existing passages on Y:117 in the Nether).

I explored the Nether a bit, too, and thank you to whoever put down cobblestone paths to mark the way.  If you hadn't done that, I would've gotten lost!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on June 18, 2012, 12:02:53 AMI explored the Nether a bit, too, and thank you to whoever put down cobblestone paths to mark the way.  If you hadn't done that, I would've gotten lost!

I have a text file with the coordinates of all my portals stored in it.  If I get "temporarily geographically confused" I can make for the nearest portal.

Mr. Analog

I used to be able to find my way back through co-ordinates (0,0) to my origin portal but then someone disassembled it...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 18, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
I used to be able to find my way back through co-ordinates (0,0) to my origin portal but then someone disassembled it...

I haven't had any time to play portal mechanic, you are more than welcome to replace the portal and work out any conflicts.

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on June 18, 2012, 07:32:28 PM
Quote from: Thorin on June 18, 2012, 12:02:53 AMI explored the Nether a bit, too, and thank you to whoever put down cobblestone paths to mark the way.  If you hadn't done that, I would've gotten lost!

I have a text file with the coordinates of all my portals stored in it.  If I get "temporarily geographically confused" I can make for the nearest portal.

Hmm, me too.  I have the overworld and nether coordinates.  Although in my case it was more a matter of writing down where I built the overworld ones so I could perfect-match the location in the nether.  I wish there was an easy way to find the portals (or even just obsidian), then I could go perfect-place the rest of them.  Although I don't know if people would like that I moved their portals...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 18, 2012, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 18, 2012, 09:40:23 PM

I haven't had any time to play portal mechanic, you are more than welcome to replace the portal and work out any conflicts.

No worries, I no longer to go the Nether without leaving myself a trail of torches or cobble :D

The first few times though was scary, the only way I got back was through using co-ordinates.
By Grabthar's Hammer