new player: Aethun

Started by Thorin, June 30, 2012, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Spent the morning hanging out with a guy from Sweden, named Aethun.  Gave him some stuff to help him get started, showed him around a bit on the server (Mr. A, nice 3x3 door!  I finally went and looked at it!), showed him where the railroads are, and I think I convinced him to set up shop down south somewhere.  He said he's gonna use Frontier Hotel as a base of operations until he's got his own place :)

So now we have Canadians, Australians, and Swedes (that I know of, I wonder if there are any other countries represented?)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

German/Austirans, Americans,  though I'm not sure how often allefant and sevalecan get on the main server anymore.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

So whose friend is Aethun? :)  Since everyone on this server seems to be either related or friends of existing players...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

LennyLen

There are no Australians on the server.

Mr. Analog

That's cool! seems like this server is gaining population :-D

I may know who it is, I know a couple people from Sweden
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Hello!

I'm from the allegro forums, where I go under arvidsson.

I intend to build a medieval inn at around (-31,1650), unless the land is claimed by someone already. The plan is to later on expand into a smaller medieval village with a blacksmith, windmill, watchtower, etc. I have been looking around for interesting designs, but I haven't exactly found what I'm looking for, so I'm experimenting a lot in single-player creative mode to get a realistic, cozy feeling to the inn. Hopefully it will become a great little vacation spot for when you all are tired of building stuff :)

Mr. Analog

Welcome!

Do you mean this area: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-31/64/1650/-2/0/0 ? If so I don't think anyone is building there, can't wait to see what you come up with.
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Yes, that's the spot! I've started clearing out the area from trees, and found a huge chasm underground. The overhang and surrounding hills could make for some interesting locations for buildings. I if get going long enough I will expand the village to cover a lot of the area south of the river. Thankfully, I won't be creating gigantic structures.

Any ideas for a nice medieval village name? Or, maybe I should complete the inn first, but it will require a name too :)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: aethun on July 08, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
Yes, that's the spot! I've started clearing out the area from trees, and found a huge chasm underground. The overhang and surrounding hills could make for some interesting locations for buildings. I if get going long enough I will expand the village to cover a lot of the area south of the river. Thankfully, I won't be creating gigantic structures.

Any ideas for a nice medieval village name? Or, maybe I should complete the inn first, but it will require a name too :)

That is a fantastic spot!

I'll leave the naming to you of course :) but a cool Minecraft-y name is always required for an inn: The Hissing Creeper or something :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 08, 2012, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: aethun on July 08, 2012, 11:22:52 AM

That is a fantastic spot!

I'll leave the naming to you of course :) but a cool Minecraft-y name is always required for an inn: The Hissing Creeper or something :D
That's not bad.

The wandering zombie?

The thiefing enderman?

The annoying pig?

:D

Mr. Analog

Haha, I like that, The Wandering Pig hah
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: aethun on July 08, 2012, 10:08:08 AM
Hello!

I'm from the allegro forums, where I go under arvidsson.

I intend to build a medieval inn at around (-31,1650), unless the land is claimed by someone already. The plan is to later on expand into a smaller medieval village with a blacksmith, windmill, watchtower, etc. I have been looking around for interesting designs, but I haven't exactly found what I'm looking for, so I'm experimenting a lot in single-player creative mode to get a realistic, cozy feeling to the inn. Hopefully it will become a great little vacation spot for when you all are tired of building stuff :)

Welcome!

The closest neighbours to where you plan to build would be DerekVPierce (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-139/64/1068/-1/0/0) and iLLian1of7 (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1038/64/2136/-2/0/0), neither of which are anywhere close to you.  There's a portal near there that someone made long ago, and a tiny little farm field that I built to get wheat to lure cows back to my place (took forever!).

I like The Wandering Pig for an inn name.  Medieval village names?  There's all kinds of choices for that...  Aeversham?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

aethun

The Wandering Pig it is! :)

Melbosa

Yeah that portal there was mine... was going to build up a new location there... but then I found my West of Spawn location and started building there instead.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!