Plugins In Use

Started by Thorin, September 04, 2012, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So Tom is now running our server as a Bukkit server with a few plugins.  One notable one is OnTime (type /ontime and scare yourself with how long you've played since this past weekend when the server was upgraded!).  Another notable one is DynMap; this gives a real-time updated map that you can access at http://tomasu.org:8123/.  Notice that you can actually watch people build with this plugin, it's kinda cool!

I can't remember what else Tom put in there, perhaps he'll elaborate in this thread.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Other than those two, I installed PickBoat, WhitelistMessage, and NoLagg (with one of its features disabled cause its super buggy in 1.3.1).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

Can you set PickBoat to make boats survive crashes?  They still seem to be very buggy.  It's better now that they turn into a boat when crashing, but they shouldn't even be crashing most of the time.

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on September 04, 2012, 06:58:40 PM
Can you set PickBoat to make boats survive crashes?  They still seem to be very buggy.  It's better now that they turn into a boat when crashing, but they shouldn't even be crashing most of the time.
Crashing into what? Land? That's been part of the game for ages.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

Quote from: Tom on September 04, 2012, 07:01:11 PM
Quote from: LennyLen on September 04, 2012, 06:58:40 PM
Crashing into what? Land? That's been part of the game for ages.

There's nothing to crash into.  One moment you're sailing, and then next "bang," and you're sinking.  I've seen it mentioned by others on the official buglist thread for 1.3, but it doesn't seem to happen to everybody.   There have also been instances where I, and others, have been killed in these crashes.  I'm unsure if PickBoat can even fix this, as in the times when it's killed me, the death message displayed indicated that I fell to my death.

Mr. Analog

I've never ever seen this happen in SMP, there has to be something causing collision?
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

QuoteI've never ever seen this happen in SMP, there has to be something causing collision?

There might be some desync involved, and the server thinks you've hit something when you haven't.  I'm not really sure, as a collision should never kill you anyway.

Mr. Analog

I was doing some reading sometimes if you are on open ocean and chunk loading is slow I guess you can get stuck sometimes and fall through the world (sounds familiar right?)
By Grabthar's Hammer