Main Menu

Teleport Huts

Started by Thorin, December 05, 2012, 10:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 06, 2012, 02:06:55 PM
No touchy-touchy my portal lol

You have a couple.  You're talking about the one that's lower in the Nether, in a nice brick-and-glass encasing, right?  I wouldn't want to move that.  I'm willing to bet it's close to perfect-matched on the coordinates, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Also, the portal would be in the basement and could be on the far side, away from other nearby portals, reducing the chance there's cross-talk between them.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, my portal is at 0,0 in the Nether so it helps me when I get lost lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Your portal is at -2,-1/-2 faces east/west in the nether and +31,+43/+44 faces east/west in the overworld.  -2,-1 in the nether perfect matches -16,-8 in the overworld.  +31,+43 in the overworld perfect matches +3,+5 in the nether.  So it's not quite perfect-matched.  My portal would have to be at least 5 away in the nether.  I was thinking of putting in a portal at -16,+40, which would come out to -2,+5 in the nether, but that'll probably be too close.  If I go to the other end of Grand Central, though, I could put it underground at -40,+40, which is -5,+5 in the nether, which should be far enough away not to attract travellers from your portal.  If that's still too close, I can put in a backyard shed once Grand Central is build...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Mark it with dark wood and I'll spec out where to put stuff when I do my initial reccy.

I'll be flattening land where appropriate as well.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 06, 2012, 03:14:43 PM
Mark it with dark wood and I'll spec out where to put stuff when I do my initial reccy.

I'll be flattening land where appropriate as well.

Actually, I'll wait to see where you build and then I'll adjust for that.  For now I'll just run over to your portal nexus and use that if I need into the nether :)

Bull-Doze!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

No mark where you want the portal and I'll make sure the design fits it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

k so when will you be on, then?  I might not be on until late tonight, unless CowGirl does the driving tonight.

Tom, the Overviewer isn't updating, I think.  I can't see any of my Tele-Portal regional stations, nor the start of Grand Central.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Not sure what time, but I will make a start today I think.

If I can get a few things done early then it's gonna be earlier :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 06, 2012, 03:39:21 PM
k so when will you be on, then?  I might not be on until late tonight, unless CowGirl does the driving tonight.

Tom, the Overviewer isn't updating, I think.  I can't see any of my Tele-Portal regional stations, nor the start of Grand Central.
Hmm, try now?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 06, 2012, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: Thorin on December 06, 2012, 03:39:21 PM

Hmm, try now?

I can't tell if it's all obscured by trees or if it's still not showing.  I guess for now I'll leave it be and once the area's cleared of trees and building has started, we can take another look.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I started marking the walls for the Terminal, getting the height right is going to be important getting the right scale for things is going to be a challenge but one I'm up for.

We may also want to dig out under it and make that area safe, so if anyone wants to make a basement there... BE WARNED there are caves under there and they are very ugly, they've been there since the map generated and they use the old cave algorithm which means there are "death holes" everywhere under there. I blocked off the obvious ones but still, stranger danger!

VERY NICE job on the teleporters! So easy to get around now.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I put in a set at my house. In case you want a quick way to get to my mine and back :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 08, 2012, 02:04:12 PM
I put in a set at my house. In case you want a quick way to get to my mine and back :)

I know, I used 'em while planting potatoes and carrots...

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 08, 2012, 09:26:55 AM
I started marking the walls for the Terminal, getting the height right is going to be important getting the right scale for things is going to be a challenge but one I'm up for.

We may also want to dig out under it and make that area safe, so if anyone wants to make a basement there... BE WARNED there are caves under there and they are very ugly, they've been there since the map generated and they use the old cave algorithm which means there are "death holes" everywhere under there. I blocked off the obvious ones but still, stranger danger!

VERY NICE job on the teleporters! So easy to get around now.

Thanks, I like 'em too :)  And they hide the command block so it's "magic".  Oh, and I saw those caves and death holes.  I've filled in three layers deep of dirt and/or cobble, I think, but yeah, Careful Digging.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

I just looked at the screenshot and noticed you made the footprint larger than what I'd originally laid out with the red bricks (for corners).  That's cool, the bigger the better :)  I might have to push the Tele-Portals back a block, but that's not that hard to do, just have to switch to Creative to reset the coordinates by one.  And then I noticed the cake :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful