playing vanilla with others online

Started by Thorin, February 22, 2013, 02:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 22, 2013, 02:56:07 PM
I was thinking of stashing my current gear and starting from tree-punching on!

Like we did with MooTopia

I like this idea. Starting right from tree-punching with no food or anything from our homebases? Where would you want to go build?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I dunno, some kinda village or something
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

There might be a couple more online with us...  And they might call me dad.  I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

How about we build a small settlement on this island at -1046,1331: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1046/64/1331/-2/0/0

Also, we're starting with absolutely zero equipment, right?  Not even food?  I think that'd be the best challenge :)  We could /tp everyone to the island as if it were spawn...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So I built the monstrosity you'll see when you next join, but I mixed up a couple different types of traps/farms. I'll be taking the tower down. :( Too bad, I thought it looked decent for a mob grinder. ah well. Just have to drop the mobs back down near the mob spawner because I forgot you have to be within a certain distance of the spawners for them to activate. herp derp. Though that tower would probably work well with a platform style mob trap, so if anyone wants to keep it, be my guest.

Attached some screenies for posterity.

fun times. /almost/ had a working grinder done. ah well. I might come on tomorrow to fix it all.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

LOL how late did you guys play?? That's crazy!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 23, 2013, 12:11:32 PM
LOL how late did you guys play?? That's crazy!
I was up way too late. 4am or something stupid. Thorin left earlier.

Thorin

holy cow Tom!  That looks really nice.  The only problem, of course, would be the zombies burning in the sunlight as they're going up and then back down, since sunlight goes through glass.

As Mr. A. said last night, it was amazing how much we got done in just a few hours!  BMan_C was on from 7pm to 9pm, YellowBear_ was on from 7pm to 10pm, Mr_Analog was on from 7pm to 12am, ThorinC was on from 7pm to 2am, and Tom was on from 7pm to 4am.  That's 26 person-hours, and we built (basically in this order):

- watchtower
- underground hovel house
- a couple of mines
- ranch-style house
- wheat and melon farm
- sugar cane farm
- birch tree farm
- swimming pool with pool chairs and two water slides and parasol and cake
- moai heads
- a third of a large mansion
- cow ranch
- enchantment table
- xp farm based on zombie spawner
- active nether portal
- large wheat farm

Here's two awesome views: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1042/64/1311/-2/0/0 and http://tomasu.org:8123/?worldname=righteouswrath&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=-1064&y=64&z=1306

Thanks for playing, everyone, it was really fun to be online with others, and now I have a few new projects to finish (that giant mansion, making a perfect-placed portal in the nether since right now The Island's portal links to the Mooshroom Island portal, collecting glowstone to light up the mansion without torches, gathering more diamonds to make enchanted tools).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on February 23, 2013, 06:19:44 PM
holy cow Tom!  That looks really nice.  The only problem, of course, would be the zombies burning in the sunlight as they're going up and then back down, since sunlight goes through glass.
I suspected that was going to be an issue. I could lower the head a bit. But It's not going to be tied directly to the zombie spawner anymore. It just won't work. So I might make a regular dark room based mob farm under it. If there's room. That way we can get some creepers and stuff.

Quote from: Thorin on February 23, 2013, 06:19:44 PM
Thanks for playing, everyone, it was really fun to be online with others, and now I have a few new projects to finish (that giant mansion, making a perfect-placed portal in the nether since right now The Island's portal links to the Mooshroom Island portal, collecting glowstone to light up the mansion without torches, gathering more diamonds to make enchanted tools).
Yeah, I want to finish the zombie farm/grinder, then see about converting the dropper to use the dark room type of mob farm.

Mr. Analog

That was s? good last night,  so much fun
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, twasn't bad. But it took me a while to find something I wanted to do, other than go caving. :D

FYI, I'm on vanilla right now, and Sevalecan is on FTB. In case anyone was interested.

Tom

Oh, I should mention, I was noticing some lag on the server last night when I was all alone, I think it's due to my overviewer setup, it was set to use 4 threads, I've since turned that down to 2. Might make for a better experience.

Thorin

Hey, caving is useful, you were gathering supplies for the rest of us :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

My mansion is getting big!  The second story is up, all it needs is a roof and some furnishings.  I mined glowstone in the nether and put it in the floors, looks so much better than torches.  I've also built more bookshelves around the enchantment table - there's 10 bookshelves now, which allows enchantments of at least level 20 (that's how high I saw them).

The Island is in desperate need of iron, though!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I might get on for a bit this weekend. I haven't felt like finishing my mob farm.