correct address is mc.tomasu.org not tomasu.org

Started by Thorin, September 10, 2013, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

My kids tried to connect to the Usamot server last night for the first time since we've switched to a VPS for our server, and they couldn't find the server.  Turns out they still had tomasu.org as the server address, rather than mc.tomasu.org.  Why do I bring this up?  Because a couple of their friends had tried to connect and couldn't get to it either and had given up.  That's why we haven't seen players like LadyLeenie online recently.

Makes me wonder if Pantsalot and Snowie0wl and kdevil and people like that know the new server address.

Tom, maybe you could post on the Allegro forums about the server name change as well?  Since some of our users are from there?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 10, 2013, 08:53:23 AM
My kids tried to connect to the Usamot server last night for the first time since we've switched to a VPS for our server, and they couldn't find the server.  Turns out they still had tomasu.org as the server address, rather than mc.tomasu.org.  Why do I bring this up?  Because a couple of their friends had tried to connect and couldn't get to it either and had given up.  That's why we haven't seen players like LadyLeenie online recently.

Makes me wonder if Pantsalot and Snowie0wl and kdevil and people like that know the new server address.

Tom, maybe you could post on the Allegro forums about the server name change as well?  Since some of our users are from there?
I haven't had anyone except people here ask questions ;) I think I actually told them mc.tomasu.org from the beginning but im not 100% sure.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I thought the mc subdomain only went to the overviewer?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 10, 2013, 08:57:56 AM
I thought the mc subdomain only went to the overviewer?
nope. its the mc server too. tomasu.org is my home address, mc.tomasu.org is the vps. before I had just said to you guys "it doesn't matter" because it didn't. but now it does :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!