So what you up to?

Started by Melbosa, April 03, 2012, 08:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on April 10, 2012, 09:55:29 AM
I think that was Lenny that showed me how far he explored.  And he walked and swam, no boats.  If I recall correctly, he was just exploring for exploring's sake.

I just looked, oh wow he's gone twice as far as what he showed me yesterday!  The man is busy discovering the New World, methinks.

Yup, that was me.  As well as just exploring, I was also looking for a new place to build a fortress where I won't be encroaching on anyone else's projects.  I've found just the perfect place now, so I won't be expanding further north for the foreseeable future.  I'll eventually have the fortress connected to be other two bases via my nether railway.

Mr. Analog

Nice!

Hey, welcome to the forums too
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

If anyone spots a nether fortress let me know.

I spent an hour looking for one today with no luck (almost got lost on my way back to the portal!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So I've been doing a lot of prep for my big projects.. LOTS of mining. Made a rail to connect my mine to my second base, and going to extend it to the main rail line.

Just now though, I was reorganizing my mine's storage chests. And while fiddling with the layout, most of the contents of the chests that I'd left on the ground despawned. Lost a crap load of redstone, coal and a bunchton (nearly two double chests of cobble). This does not make me happy. Things like this REALLY spoil my mood for a game. GAH.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I've had this happen a few times (or even have it clip through stuff) so lesson learnt... :(
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

The NPC village http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-330/64/135/max/0/0 has been enhanced so that it it now keeps most mobs out and is capable of spawning two iron golemn's to defend it. There was a problem where if a player entered the village at night mobs would swarm in and kill NPCs.

I have widened a path to the village as well...

Mr. Analog

Busy today!

• DESTROYED that big ugly tower I built (you're welcome :P )
  • Created several brewing stands
  • Created Nether Wart farm (near the centre portal room at the top of the ladder)
  • Collected more Blaze Rods
  • Built a cool airlock system! (diagram attached, repeaters not required, torches under doors attached to side of bricks connected to redstone)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on April 15, 2012, 02:19:16 AM
Just now though, I was reorganizing my mine's storage chests. And while fiddling with the layout, most of the contents of the chests that I'd left on the ground despawned. Lost a crap load of redstone, coal and a bunchton (nearly two double chests of cobble). This does not make me happy. Things like this REALLY spoil my mood for a game. GAH.

I typically don't like the idea of mods or ops or whatever using /give to give themselves or others blocks they didn't work for, but this is a perfect example where it should be done.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

So... not sure where people are today but I need rails and am wondering if there is a stockpile hidden somewhere?

Thx
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 15, 2012, 01:07:41 PM

I typically don't like the idea of mods or ops or whatever using /give to give themselves or others blocks they didn't work for, but this is a perfect example where it should be done.
I'm just glad I didn't also decide to move my main chest. The one with stacks of iron, half stack of diamond, gold and other more valuable ores. I may spawn in some coal and redstone, we'll see. I still have a bunch of mining to do, I may not need to ;D redstone is ridiculous at the level I'm mining at. Coal isn't much better. But then I will need a crap ton of coal to make glass, so we'll see.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

...I made my own rails, I borrowed 4 powered from Lazybones' storage, I can make some if needed.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

• Widened the rail link between Spawn<->Biome
  • Added tracks
  • Renovated Spawn Station
  • Built a mushroom farm in the Nether
  • Made a few potions

I had to spawn in some soul sand, I seriously couldn't find any of that creepy lookin' stuff (after 2 hours searching two nether fortresses! I REGRET NOTHING)

Made a lot of cool stuff today, no one else was on though so it was kind of lonely... oh well LOG IN AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE COOL STUFFS

I built my first memory circuit today...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 15, 2012, 01:07:41 PM

All the mods/ops should have the TooManyItems mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/140684-12512w15a-toomanyitems-in-game-invedit-apr-13/

It gives you a handy-dandy "extra" inventory screen with widgets for stuff you can do with text commands. It's great for creative mode too, just you only get to see it on SMP if you are an op.

Also, if you don't already, you should have mcpatcher installed, it makes managing all your mods / texture packs EASY
By Grabthar's Hammer