Phoenix Point

Started by Melbosa, March 12, 2019, 01:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I backed this game many many many moons ago - new 4X XCOM like game from the original guy behind the original XCOM.  As a backer I get builds every once and a while to test, so I've been trying the game out.  Seems fun, but the builds aren't really anything but a combat sym, so not sure what the final game will be like.

Well the did this today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmjFZMEoEZ0&utm_source=Phoenix+Point&utm_campaign=eebd96a75f-EPIC_ANNOUNCEMENT_B&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0f91b4b9df-eebd96a75f-146107161&mc_cid=eebd96a75f&mc_eid=afe6f72a2a, which isn't making a lot of people very happy. For me there is no grief as I was going to play it on PC only anyway... but for lots of people whom either hate Epic or wanted it on console there is a lot of backlash.  Good news is you can get a refund, so that is something I guess.

Still this is unfortunate and a bit shaddy.  Again not going to affect me, but for others I feel hear their pain.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I know I'd be pissed if I backed a game and I couldn't play it on my system that was supposed to be supported.

It sounds like they are doing the right thing though, giving refunds and such
By Grabthar's Hammer