ATI Eyefinity - 6 Monitors at Once

Started by Melbosa, September 14, 2009, 03:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Don't forget to purchase the fancy stand.

Thorin

An interesting comment in there - being able to power that big of a resolution means the card is probably quite powerful.  Which might make us able to play a whole new generation of super 3D games...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2009, 07:00:19 PM
An interesting comment in there - being able to power that big of a resolution means the card is probably quite powerful.  Which might make us able to play a whole new generation of super 3D games...

Define super 3D? About ever 3-4 years someone tries to push out flicker glasses as the new BIG THING in 3D on computers.

My Sega Master system had them (yes I owned them and it looked sweat), Melbosa has owned an Asus card with them years ago and at frag I sat down YET AGAIN to a demo proclaiming them the new GREAT thing in desktop 3d.

Head tracking, and field of view are the big problems with 3rd, looking at something dead on on a flat screen only works well well the screen is bigger than your wall.

Thorin

Hmm, "New Posts" missed Lazy's post :(

I just meant that the level of detail for "3D-on-a-2D-screen" will be "super" compared to what we have now.  Running as big of a resolution as they're showing here takes a lot of computational power - if that power stays constant but is used on smaller resolutions, we should be able to see more objects plotted per second than before.  In other words, higher frames per second or more objects per frame.

You are absolutely right, Lazy, that it's not really 3D when viewing a 2D screen.  Or perhaps it's more correct to say that it's not really immersive 3D when viewing a 2D screen.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Screw 6, they demoed this with 4 cards installed at one point, with ALL of the ports populated with 30"+ screens.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

So 24 screens hooked up?  That'd be...  a pretty big display?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on September 21, 2009, 05:32:17 PM
So 24 screens hooked up?  That'd be...  a pretty big display?

First to post one of these obvious related images...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.