Minecraft 1.13 - Update Aquatic

Started by Thorin, July 20, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Minecraft 1.13 came out a couple of days ago, I've updated my home server and my son is happily trying out the new things.  And there's a lot!

Dolphins, turtles, drowned zombies, shipwrecks, buried treasures, fish mobs in the water (yeah, you can make an aquarium in your house now), tridents, icebergs, coral reefs, barkless logs, kelp, seagrass, sea pickles, underwater caves and ruins (as opposed to underwater monuments), different types of ocean (warm, lukewarm, cold, frozen), and last but not least: when you swim you now actually are horizontal and can swim through 1x1 openings.  I've probably missed other things.

I'm actually kinda itchin' to play again.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

You can also sprint swim faster as well.

My kids pushed me to check it out as well now that it is on Windows 10 and iOS. which is how we play these days.

Thorin

Yeah, I forgot about all the work they did to make the various platforms communicate together.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I take it noone is interested in updating the rw server? I don't mind at all, either way.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Honestly, I wouldn't mind starting a brand-new world and arranging a date and time for us all to be on it, rather than having a map that's part old and part new.  But I think the key is to actually having a set date/time for us to hang out together on it, otherwise it's kinda lonely :(

Also, the world file formats changed, so Overviewer and MapCrafter (Overviewer's competition) don't work anymore.  Hopefully they get updated some day.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Ya starting a new world "together" sounds like it would be fun.. Although I might have to purchase minecraft accounts for them as well since they will be annoyed if I play without them

Mr. Analog

Honest to god you guys have been reading my mind. I'd be up for that!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Not super stable yet but I did find an community bedrock edition server software does exist http://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/intro.html#supported-features

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on July 21, 2018, 11:46:13 AM
Does Mojang not supply server software for Bedrock Edition?

You basically have to be a game company to apply to run a server.

Mr. Analog

I'm updating my client as we speak. I am excite
By Grabthar's Hammer