Got the minecraft bug again? Small update on my base.

Started by Lazybones, November 12, 2019, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

I was surprised how many people dropped in on the server on the weekend.

I know I have had the bug lately and have been expanding my base of operations a lot over the last few weeks.

Hope some more people stick around, it is always nice to chat.

I have further expanded my auto farms to include Mellon, Pumpkin, Carrot, and Potato now. This is valuable for trading with farmers in the trading hall for emeralds, and then for gear

My Current Base

In addition to being able to purchase complete enchanted diamond armor it is now possible to get enchanted diamond picks, axes and shovels..

I will probably be re-designing the trading hall or moving it into a separate building.

If you are willing to struggle with a boat and pushing villagers around you can take any of the unemployed villagers as they can be easily replaced, best to try and push them out the back door and take them away in a boat.

Thorin

Yeah, it was nice to see multiple people on at once. I think I might just schedule it for a couple of times a week for the next while. If I get in a regular pattern I'm more likely to actually log on.

I'm not sure what to build, though. Kinda out of ideas at the moment.

What do you think about setting up another Tele-Portal system? I'm _so far_ from spawn. My own fault, I wanted plains next to mountains to live in.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

I am open to a teleport system, my preference would be something datapack driven so we have a greater chance of updating to 1.15.x when released.  I will look for one but if you find something let me know.  I could switch the server backend to bucket or spigot but we likely could not upgrade to. New releases for longer periods of time. 

As for building things I am personally focused on my auto farms and trading hall at the moment but I plan on exploring the end again soon. Also now that we have over viewer again it is a little more fun to just build something huge to show up on the map.

LennyLen

Mr. Analog

Tele-portal would make getting around easier. The Nether is a difficult maze to traverse in its current state.

I'm guessing we could use command blocks again?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Command blocks are an option they do require a fair bit of manual setup.

How limited / powerful do we want teleportation to be?

Is it just a means to let players get to home / spawn? Warp to others homes? Or is it more open?

Thorin

I don't mind a bit of manual setup, and the command blocks worked fine. I was thinking just teleporting from spawn to close to people's builds. We'd have a central building at spawn with multiple command-block portals set up like before.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Well we didn't go with a teleportal setup, so I made an ice-boat track in the nether to my Forever Home.  2500ish blocks long, so that's 1250ish blocks of packed ice.  Took almost my whole unbreaking silk touch diamond pickaxe to get that many.  But boy howdy is it fast!  It genuinely looks like you're speeding down the highway in a car.  That 2500 blocks used to take 10 minutes walking / running.  Now it takes 90 seconds.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Nice, teleport isn't off the table but I was hoping to do something more flexable vs commands blocks.

There is an easy datapack for teleporting home which would still save a lot of time https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/ called set home.

Ice boat tracks however are a lot of fun once built.

Mr. Analog

That's amazing!  And sounds like a fun ride

Lazy I'd be up for something like that. We used to have that on Usamot if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer