D20 World of Warcraft... Is this really needed?

Started by Thorin, April 23, 2007, 12:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I dunno if we really need a D20 version of World of Warcraft...

You've clicked those units and completed those quests online. Now is your chance to make Azeroth and the stories of its heroes and epic battles truly come alive. With World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game (the WoW RPG), you can explore the world of Warcraft at your tabletop, in sagas of your own making.

The WoW RPG is a tabletop roleplaying, also called a pen-and-paper roleplaying game. Imagine you and a bunch of your friends, sitting around a table, eating pizza, drinking sodas, and inventing stories set in the Warcraft world. That's what the WoW RPG is all about. Each player creates a character that represents his alter ego on Azeroth, much like in the World of Warcraft computer game, except for one player: the Game Master. The Game Master controls everything except the other players' characters.

The Open Gaming License

World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game uses the Open Gaming License (OGL), created by Wizards of the Coast. The WoW RPG, therefore, is fully compatible with the world's most popular tabletop roleplaying game?and with just about any other game that makes heavy use of a funny-sided die called a d20.

http://www.white-wolf.com/warcraftrpg/index.php?line=intro
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Too many similar classes.. I don't see the point.

Mr. Analog

Agreed, very pointless. You could take any d20 fantasy system and make it work for the WoWieverse with very little difficulty.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

More importantly, I think, is the fact that the target audience are video gamers, and video gamers frequently don't really get what PnP RPGing is about.  I see it falling flat on its face.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Agreed, as we've talked about before it's not really elitism it's just the state of mind between gamers is different. A video gamer how high Mario can jump, a PnP gamer cares why he jumps ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

HandsomeDevil

I think I read somewhere that they have World of Warcraft on computers now.

Lazybones

What every player wants to know is if they can transfer their lvl 60+ mage to the PnP server, er system.