Where the Characters at?

Started by Mr. Analog, April 10, 2011, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Sort of cross posting forums here but I'm trying to figure out how, out of everyone, I got my character done first :D

I actually bought PHB1, 2 & 3 yesterday and once reading all about my chosen class last night became a Wizards Subscriber so I could use the Character Builder tool this morning (pretty handy!).

I hope y'all can handle a kung-fu devil-girl!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I got tonight open to work on my character. I'll try and read through the Fighter (I think)  docs. And try and find my D20s.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yep, I think you were going to play as a defender, so you could be a Fighter, Paladin, Warden or Battlemind.

I'm a Monk (striker), I think Thorin's a Cleric (leader). All we need is a Controller I think.

One thing I didn't know was starting gold (so I assumed 100 gp)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

You could post this stuff in the other forum, as not to confuse others on this forum... but hey I can't make you do stuff. :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Encase you didn't know, the other forum is only  open to the world on the Story topic section, the reset is segregated by group, so only the people in your game campaign can see your posts.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 10, 2011, 01:25:17 PM
You could post this stuff in the other forum, as not to confuse others on this forum... but hey I can't make you do stuff. :D

I would but I don't know how often other people check that forum :P

Quote from: Melbosa on April 10, 2011, 01:30:45 PM
Encase you didn't know, the other forum is only  open to the world on the Story topic section, the reset is segregated by group, so only the people in your game campaign can see your posts.

So, what you're saying is that stuff in named sections (i.e. RPGing, Unknown Live Group) is private right?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yes, except for the "Story" topic only, not it's children, which is public.  You can see by logging out of the other site which is public and which is private.

Mr. Analog

Weird, so our characters are public but the story is not?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Other way around.  Story is public, sub-topics of Story are not. Clear as mud now?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 10, 2011, 01:44:50 PM
Other way around.  Story is public, sub-topics of Story are not. Clear as mud now?

Totally haha :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2011, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on April 10, 2011, 01:25:17 PM

I would but I don't know how often other people check that forum :P

Daily, because I play in the online game there.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ah, I was curious because it's kinda empty there (well, what I can see anyway)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah the other group is on their daily I would guess.  But yeah, other than their story, you wouldn't know the other group is active either.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 10, 2011, 04:30:16 PM
Yeah the other group is on their daily I would guess.  But yeah, other than their story, you wouldn't know the other group is active either.

Pretty much, from my perspective it seems kinda barren
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm trying to work on my character, but it seems jasper has other ideas....

The new prescription I'm on isn't helping matters either. Some pretty silly side effects for the first couple weeks or so (dizyness, groggyness, makes some of the things its supposed to help with /worse/ to begin with, like concentration, etc).

append:

I'm half tempted to do a rogue for some reason.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!