Main Menu

BlingTrees

Started by Thorin, April 19, 2014, 11:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I tried chopping down trees under my platform today - most of the time they cut down like normal because the leaves were touching other leaves.  A couple of times, though, they just suddenly collapsed.  Of course the one time there's six zombies just on the other side of the tree is when the tree collapsed around me and I was stuck in leaves piled up two-high around me.

I'd really rather not have BlingTrees installed on the server - I don't mind a tree chopping mod of some kind where all the wood falls down if you chop one block, but this BlingTrees mod doesn't follow a normal pattern and keeps covering up the wood blocks I haven't chopped down yet and sometimes traps me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Yeah ok. It was just an experiment anyhow. I thought it'd be fun.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

LennyLen

It actually grew on me.  I find it more efficient for collecting saplings as so many of the leaves fall as collectible entities, which you can then break at your own leisure.

Lazybones

I started decorating with all the leaf drops.

I don't mind if we keep it or remove it.

Thorin

I've been trapped inside the leaf blocks a couple of times.  And when the blocks of wood fall to the ground you still have to chop them to get them, but now you have to go looking through a pile of leaf blocks to find them.

Maybe if it was consistent I could get used to it, but I never know whether I'm going to have to dig my way out of leaf blocks or not.

Like I said, I don't mind a tree-chopping mod that makes all the logs drop, but I don't like this one.

And remember that we can collect leaves with shears.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Ya if isn't a time saver but as far as I have seen the trees alway fall in the same direction (I believe to the east) so you chop one if you have forgotten then each one after that should not be an issue.

I would also prefer if the wood dropped, since I am lazy.

Mr. Analog

They always fall east.

Personally I'd prefer treecapitate but I kinda like this mod
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well I was clearing more trees under my platform, where it's Perma-Dark, and I HATE this mod for its inconsistent decision on when the trees fall, it's encasing of me when the leaves fall on me, and for all the times I got killed by six creeper explosions while stuck in the leaves that fell into blocks around me.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Then let's remove it.