Beeing more efficent... DOH!

Started by Lazybones, April 10, 2012, 04:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Might be obvious for those that play more but I did not know Glass Pane was so much more efficient than Glass Block
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Glass_Pane

Thorin

They're also more fragile, so watch out when you're swinging any tools near them.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Plus they're easier to misplace.

And now you know why most of my buildings have glass panes instead of blocks :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 10, 2012, 04:29:50 PM
They're also more fragile, so watch out when you're swinging any tools near them.
Speaking of being careful of fragile things.. Used to happen more often.. But at some point in the game, they made it so if you swing your pick too close to a torch, it'll fly off. Even if you're pointing away from it. I pisses me off.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Don't swing an axe near a large mushroom unless you are chopping it down. One strike will take out two blocks or more sometimes.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 10, 2012, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: Thorin on April 10, 2012, 04:29:50 PM
Speaking of being careful of fragile things.. Used to happen more often.. But at some point in the game, they made it so if you swing your pick too close to a torch, it'll fly off. Even if you're pointing away from it. I pisses me off.

That happens to me all the time, I always forget not to put a torch immediately behind me in the same square I'm mining in, like every damn time...

Quote from: Lazybones on April 10, 2012, 04:47:41 PM
Don't swing an axe near a large mushroom unless you are chopping it down. One strike will take out two blocks or more sometimes.

Whoa! Good to know!

Also if you have a diamond pick with the Efficiency enchantment be VERY careful in the Nether mining Netherrack, it goes away faster than smashing blocks in Creative mode (one hit can immediately pop 2-3 Netherrack blocks!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I put the torches on the ground to avoid this problem.  And a diamond pickaxe with an enchantment?  I wish.  I wouldn't mind one that DOESN'T BURN IN THE LAVA.  Go away lava, nobody invited you to this party and you're NOT COOL!

I've lost three diamond pickaxes to burning in lava now :(
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 10, 2012, 09:24:29 PM
I put the torches on the ground to avoid this problem.  And a diamond pickaxe with an enchantment?  I wish.  I wouldn't mind one that DOESN'T BURN IN THE LAVA.  Go away lava, nobody invited you to this party and you're NOT COOL!

I put torches, usually in the right side of tunnels. So I can find my way out. I get lost easily. If a row of torches are on the left, I'm going the wrong way.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 10, 2012, 09:24:29 PM

That sucks, I listen for lava constantly and make sure I've got a way out now (as I've had many an item go "sizzle"...)

LAVA GO HOME!
By Grabthar's Hammer